Water in Car after window lifter replaced under warranty

Fluffy

my window lifter was really squeeky and needed replacing, which Czech Auto or Cars and Cars did under warranty at the last servicing........then the problem of water in the car started.

initially, the problem was thought to be my boostgauge....it wasn't. It has been traced by careful trial and error and experimenting pouring water all over the car like some CSI agent finding clues.

not only was the rubber seal in the window lifter unit missing and water getting on the speakers, the window lifter unit was not properly fitted to the door. Leaving a gap for water to spill out of the inner door to the space between the plastic interior door trim and the door.

water was found to drip when it rains between the plastic interior door trim and the metal door frame and drip into the footwell, besides dripping from the drain holes which is supposed to do

on heavy rain like last week...... the water will leak until a soggy puddle is found under the pedals and the bad stale smell is emitted.

pls see pics...

post-73-1198035988_thumb.jpg

post-73-1198035989_thumb.jpg

post-73-1198035990_thumb.jpg

post-73-1198035991_thumb.jpg

post-73-1198035992_thumb.jpg

Edited by Fluffy
↡ Advertisement

With such alleged negativity taking place, it has very much dampen my desire of getting a Skoda ride from the AD.

Wonder when the day will come when the local Skoda is associated with Quality, Service and Value.... Q S V

Oops... it seems that they already have the Q factor(the car itself)...but not the other two.

How nice if that day was yesterday.

when you have the window lifter replaced......... what happens if the workmanship is sucky and the seal is dodgy after you replace the window lifter panel but don't seal it up properly?

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=44216

u get water in the footwell coming in from the door as shown below, exactly what is happening to me.....sigh... [shakehead]

post-73-1198107211_thumb.jpg

post-73-1198107212_thumb.jpg

post-73-1198107213_thumb.jpg

Thanks...it is educational, similar situation is happening to my car, but mine is due to an accident and the mechanic did not fit it properly. By the way, how much did you pay for the plug.

Edited by Fortress