Glare at ubi or orchard branch?

Lucio

Hi guys,

Im planning to send my ride to Glare for polishing.

Any bro here have sent their ride to any of the branch for polishing before?

Any comments on their service?

Thx!

↡ Advertisement

The Orchard hotel branch not bad... will tell u in detail how good/bad ur paint conditions.. bla..bla..

but i never go Ubi 1 before but thats the main HQ...

Neutral Newbie

I went to Glare at Ubi - had a very bad experience... they forgot to shine 2 tyres, they said it would take only 1 hour, but 2 hours later the car was still not done - I had to go down personally as I kept calling and smsing without getting a reply (I had asked the manager to call or sms to me once it's done)... best of all, coz I went with a Groupon coupon, they tried to make top up some more by saying that the Groupon was only for applying conditioner on the leather without washing it first (who applies conditioner without washing first???) and the polishing is only a hand polish that won't remove marks and not machine polish even though the Groupon advert made it sound like all the marks would be removed.. etc.

Just poor service overall!! I'd never go again.

I was one of the initial customers that went with a Groupon voucher. Service was only marginal. They tried to cross-sell their full package. But I told the lady boss upfront that even with such basic service, they are already doing such a bad job. How can I entrust that they will do a good job with their full package? She black face immediately! Haha [laugh]:D

Neutral Newbie

Anyone else tried glare before? The reviews on sgcarmart's website are pretty good, so any other user reviews?

Anyone else tried glare before? The reviews on sgcarmart's website are pretty good, so any other user reviews?

fyi bad reviews are "deleted" and "banned" for sponsor's listing in the website...

I went to Glare at Ubi - had a very bad experience... they forgot to shine 2 tyres, they said it would take only 1 hour, but 2 hours later the car was still not done - I had to go down personally as I kept calling and smsing without getting a reply (I had asked the manager to call or sms to me once it's done)... best of all, coz I went with a Groupon coupon, they tried to make top up some more by saying that the Groupon was only for applying conditioner on the leather without washing it first (who applies conditioner without washing first???) and the polishing is only a hand polish that won't remove marks and not machine polish even though the Groupon advert made it sound like all the marks would be removed.. etc.

really or not?

Neutral Newbie

I was a glare customer and my opinion is that its not worth the money. No doubt the car was well polished during the 1st session but after a few car wash the smooth and shiny condition was almost gone. I also signed up for their maintenance package - chop chop 1hr job which is again ok but not worth the money. And also note that you have to sign up separate package for interior cleaning as the original package doesnt cover interior. The biggest joke was they totally missed a big dried patch of mud near the bottom of the rear bumper - even after 2 consecutive maintenance sessions! I purposely didnt clean the mud patch just to see if they will detect it the next time, but sadly they failed big time. By the way, im referring to the ubi branch only.

In short, they are ok if you think $200+ is no big deal but i'd rather spend it elsewhere.

Neutral Newbie

yup super bad experience. for $65 dollars i get a car wash and a thin layer of dont know what izzit on my car. i swear i would not go back again. waste time waste money

yup super bad experience. for $65 dollars i get a car wash and a thin layer of dont know what izzit on my car. i swear i would not go back again. waste time waste money

I am supposed to be sending my car for the $388 session. Will provide my feedback at the end of the month.

Just got my car polished at glare. Feels smooth and glossy. The question is...how long will it last. This 2 months will be a good test due to the regular showers. Cannot apply wax and sealant after the treatment. Will I start to see water marks?

Neutral Newbie

can they remove the swirl marks? i'm also thinking of going there to polish. need feedback from those been to the Ubi main branch before.

can they remove the swirl marks? i'm also thinking of going there to polish. need feedback from those been to the Ubi main branch before.

Not as obvious. Will report back again when I wash my car next week.

Saw a stain just now and try getting rid of it with plain water. Most of it came off but still a little bit of oil that remained. Not sure if this coating can last for more than 1 week.

Saw a stain just now and try getting rid of it with plain water. Most of it came off but still a little bit of oil that remained. Not sure if this coating can last for more than 1 week.

Did the car wash after just over a week. The gloss is still there after shampooing the car. It became clear that there will be water marks but not very bad. The coating offers limited protection. I was hit by 3 bird s--t as I was parking under a tree. It sat for abt 2 hrs under the sun. I used water and try to remove it. Doesn't help...so I used my QD which removed most of it. Washed my car today and noticed that a bit of the umremoval areas have eaten into my paint.

The last advice I get before I leave glare was...don not apply my own sealant and wax. After what happened yesterday...I wonder will this do more harm than good?

After I read about holograms and how it looked like. I am not going back to Glare even if they give me a 2nd free package. Hologram everywhere. It was only light swirls before I sent my car in.