Robinson's Post Christmas Sales : Were You There At The Sales ?..........

Picnic06-Biante15

As usual, wake up on Christmas day and was feeling bored. TV programmes were sulk so too with the cable vision programmes. [:|][:|][:|]

Checks my mails and found this mail from Robinson (card member special mailed to me last week) and decided to take a look. Found some interesting items and was surprised that there is a 70% discounts on most items. The sale starts on Christmas day @ 1200hrs till 27/12/2007. Since there is nothing to do, I decided to go for shopping at Robinson with my family.

Arrived at 11.00am and parked my car at Star Hub Centre (as uausl, knowing Centerpoint always have long que to enter the car park) and cross over to Centerpoint. What a surprise awakes me. [shocked][shocked][shocked] . At every entrances (first floor to the fourth floor) of Robinson, crowds started to gather and wait for the roller shutter to open [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug][grouphug] . Ppls comes in all forms, some with baby prams, some with childrens running amongst the crowds....... etc, all patiencly waiting for the roller shutter to open. [:p][:p][:p]

The moment the shutter started to open, [dizzy][dizzy] , some ppls did not even wait for the shutter to open fully and sneak in. Should have use my hp camera to take the scene. The rush to enter into the shop and the scramble about inside Robinson were amusing. The ladies rushes for the dresses and shoes while the guys rushes to the pants and shirts sections. Mind you, in other days, the pants which are sold for $99/- were going at $47/-. All brands are going at 70% off the usual price.

So can't beat the crowds, I joint them and grab 2 for myself. Next is going to try it on to see if it fits and [sweatdrop][sweatdrop], have to que for 30 minutes to try your pants. I grab my share. my wife for herself and my childrens for themselves at Robinson.

In all, we spend 3 hours inside Robinson and the next problem is the que to pay your items. It takes another 45 minutes in que to pay for what you grabbed. [:p][:p] .

That's Singaporean, and I am enjoying it myself [laugh][laugh][laugh] . At least I got my Chinese New Year clothing headache solved at Robinson yesterday.

Were you at the Great Roninson's Sale ?............... [smash][smash][smash][smash]

[sunny][sunny][sunny]

↡ Advertisement

Wah... You bothered to be with the "people"? I wouldn't dare to be there with the "people" man... I would only get frustrated with all the pushing and shoving and snatching and hogging and squeezing and queueing...etc. dizzy.gifdizzy.gifdizzy.gif

That's where the fun is. At times, just stood aside and watch them rush and grab at those items. Yesterday sales was much greater that their warehouse sales. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

It's one sale that is worth waiting for (which happen to be their slogan also). You won't get up to 70% off for branded pants & shirts on any other days. So I had settled all my new year clothing in just 3 hours at Robinson. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

The Famous Robinson Sale.. : ) Think Singaporeans are not the only "Kiasu" people on earth, seen Ang Mos queuing up super early for IKEA sale. No one can resist a good deal.

My aunties were just talking whether to go for it. Have to admit it's still of the best sale around.

Hope to go after work today or tomorrow. [sunny][sunny]

Can't stand 30 minutes in crowded shopping area but can last 4 hours in crowded pubs or discos with blasting music........ Sly Sly Sly

4 hours at crowded pub is entertainment. 30 minutes queuing is a torture.

they kiasu i dun mind, i hate it when one b1tach suggested that jumping Q is a norm in singapore. wtf... i was being nice and polite to let her though, even though there was no one else behind.

"4 hours at crowded pub is entertainment. 30 minutes queuing is a torture."

After 1 hour, you go to toilet and thats it, it's all over. [sly][sly]

But 30 minutes in que, you wear it for 1 year or till normal wear & tear......... [;)][;)][;)]

Entertainment is only temporary measures...... [scholar][scholar]

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

"The Famous Robinson Sale.. : ) Think Singaporeans are not the only "Kiasu" people on earth, seen Ang Mos queuing up super early for IKEA sale. No one can resist a good deal."

Yup..... saw a lot of ang mo at Robinson yesterday. Most of them grabbed the pots & pans and kitchen utensils which also on offer up to 70% off. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

btw, saw also Malay families shopping at Robinson. For them, Hari Raya Puasa & Haji are over but still do shopping. As for the Chinese. we are preparing for Chinese New Year. [smash][smash][smash]

this is the fun.

you are happy with what you spent even though the queue was long.thumbsup.gif

Yup, for clothing, it is done. Now for CNY gifts and provisions. For this, have to wait for Chinatown sales [bounce2][bounce2][bounce2][bounce2]

[sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop] piew....... Lim Chee Guan que....... 2hrs for "Bak Kua".

[laugh][laugh][laugh]

"The sales worth waiting for "

Sure is [thumbsup][thumbsup] , where to find "Allan Brooke" business pants going for just $37/- (usual price $89/-).

Plus card members further 10% to 20% discount on most all items.

[bounce1][smash][bounce2][smash]

those who whacked before christmas must b sianz....(i am one of them bigcry.gif)....now lagi more sales....robinsons, tangs and tomorrow is isetan pte sale....

errr..what 1 hour?

I think some people really hate crowds and don't mind paying that 70% more just to save time.

Myself, I don't really bother about sales. I cannot imagine myself waiting 30-40 minutes just to try or buy something.

Edited by Starry