Will you buy a car which are use as Taxi

Diehardsu

this one still running huh?? saw it a few months back then disappear. i though no more liao.

my dad thinking of changing to Hybrid camry when his contract with prime expire.

Saw this quite a few times in the last couple of months.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I'm from the old school, IMHO I will not buy a car which are use as Taxi. Tis is my opinion, juz like to hear from bros n sis.

To each his own. To me, if I do not mind driving a very commonly-seen vehicle, I'm fine with it. To me, driving the same model as taxi drivers somehow makes me feel better in a sense that taxi drivers clock very high mileage and are able to detect any common fault or breakdowns. If I need any help, I can always flag a cab and ask for help easily [laugh]

To each his own. To me, if I do not mind driving a very commonly-seen vehicle, I'm fine with it. To me, driving the same model as taxi drivers somehow makes me feel better in a sense that taxi drivers clock very high mileage and are able to detect any common fault or breakdowns. If I need any help, I can always flag a cab and ask for help easily [laugh]

you dont have to worry they no spare part [laugh]

I'm from the old school, IMHO I will not buy a car which are use as Taxi. Tis is my opinion, juz like to hear from bros n sis.

i will not buy a car which ARE use as Taxi

i will buy a car that is used as Taxi

i drive an Altis

used as Taxi = good and easy to maintain

ya tats why i bought a thai taxi

Wonder how come they are not using altis as taxi here? Cause of the EuroII standard?

different people different mentality.

i think there are 2 main groups of people here.

1. will buy same car as taxis because they are proven to be durable, reliable and easy to maintain

2. will not buy the same car as taxis because do not want to be seen as driving a taxi-car, wants to be more exclusive

• Praise 1

I think I will mind maybe ,  however , the quality is the most important thing .

• Praise 1

I think I will mind maybe ,  however , the quality is the most important thing .

Now with PHV, it is difficult to name cars that have not been used as "taxis" ! PHVs are like taxis too!

On the other hand, one can take comfort that the car is able to withstand the stress as a taxi, it should be reliable! [:)]

• Praise 1

different people different mentality.

i think there are 2 main groups of people here.

1. will buy same car as taxis because they are proven to be durable, reliable and easy to maintain

2. will not buy the same car as taxis because do not want to be seen as driving a taxi-car, wants to be more exclusive

Nowadays no 2 a little hard unless one is driving super expensive car like BMW 7 series, Bentley, lambo, ferrari, Mercedes benz SLK and etc.

Cars like BMW 5 series, BMW 3 series, Mercedes benz e class, Mercedes benz cla class, lexus lx, Toyota camry, Toyota alphard/vellfire and etc. All have drivers driving phv either part time or full time.

So now I think it's hard to escape that trend unless one is very loaded with money.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

If you do not want to be seen driving a car used as taxi or PHV, suggest you choose the Perodua Axia, MYVI or Bezza.

Guaranteed none are used as taxi or PHV in Singapore.

Will not make you lose face.

Edited by Vinceng
  • Praise 2

Nowadays no 2 a little hard unless one is driving super expensive car like BMW 7 series, Bentley, lambo, ferrari, Mercedes benz SLK and etc.

Cars like BMW 5 series, BMW 3 series, Mercedes benz e class, Mercedes benz cla class, lexus lx, Toyota camry, Toyota alphard/vellfire and etc. All have drivers driving phv either part time or full time.

So now I think it's hard to escape that trend unless one is very loaded with money.

This is possible, if one is rich, buy premium non taxi car. If one is not rich but want face like me, drive taxi car only after they scrap those model, meaning COE car.

NMNT, what to do?

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement