Will you buy a car which are use as Taxi

Diehardsu

All taxicabs in Singapore have to pay for the much higher road tax applied to diesel-powered passenger cars, which was intended to deter people from using diesel-powered vehicles for private use. This road tax bill is foot by the taxi company (except for STTA taxis), and can be as high as S$6,300 annually.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Taxicabs_of_Singapore

Mr wiki not very accurate leh.

Passenger diesel RT is 6x that of the petrol counterpart, so a 2L diesel will be $1426x6 = $8556.

A similar 2L diesel taxi pays $6300, irregardless of engine size.

http://www.lta.gov.sg/motoring_matters/mot...o_tax_taxis.htm

The gap will increase like mad if we go beyond 2L.

nah.. I like air con [:)] coz I sweat a lot

was intending to get a Twin Top as a weekend car, also as wedding car but then, decided not to as I usually don't do topless and money can be spent on other stuff [sly]

Aiyah why you burst hole.

Yes. Vauxhall is now under GME. Opel is under GME. Opel is Vauxhall, Vauxhall is Opel. What kimchi Vauxhall? GMDAT cars. GMDAT cars were Daewoos because GMDAT stands for GM Daewoo Automotive Technologies. Now Daewoos are Chevrolets. All of them used hacked Vauxhall/Opel engines.

That is GM for you. Resistance is futile. You will indeed be assimilated and then spat out as many names for the same kind of car. laugh.gif

• Praise 1

Use a coupe or convertible, very high chance no taxi.

or any 1.2L car and below, guarantee not for taxi [laugh] or narrow down further, choose a mini, QQ, R2 [lipsrsealed]

people here prefer BIG car, big leg room, pity taxi uncle must pull their seat all the way to the front to make space for the passanger [sweatdrop]