Will you buy a car which are use as Taxi

Diehardsu

Opel models are sold under other GM brand names, such as Vauxhall in the UK, Holden in Australasia, Saturn in North America, India and Chevrolet in Latin America. wink.gif

• Praise 2

Skoda is not Audi and Audi is not Skoda but all are VAG.

However, unlike GM or even now with Toyota who seems to aping GM. Cars from the VAG, look, handle, have different levels of creature comforts and prices even though a record of 16 cars share a single platform in the company.

• Praise 1

you bay day or sure or not sirion where got 8 years old.

i find you either childish or immatured pardon my frankness

whats wrong with a car that is the same model other than it is common on the road ( there are already so many common makes on the road without the taxi)

do you view car as a prestige item if so you need to revisit this concept, nowadays car so cheap 40 - 50 k can get already every arther akow also can have car whats the big deal anyway.

with the cab companies on the loose very soon you will see all kind of makes on the road, currently we have makes like hilux, doblo, liteace, camry, axio wagon aka fielder, stream, wish, sonata, vw touran, skoda superb, hyundai azera, merc e class, ssyangyong starvic, fiat croma and more to come.

another way to look at it is that if the cab companies use your model it reinforces that the model is a good and reliable car.

• Praise 2

wow, so many model been used as taxi liao, maybe i should just get a black/blue/yellow/brown/silver/red&white car, add a cab on top can be a taxi liao [laugh][laugh]

Open top motoring has its allures. The feeling is just so unforgettable ...

Tell it to Radx that have been shedding air [laugh]

But I agree that it have its charm but not in local weather. [:/]

Aiyah why you burst hole.

Yes. Vauxhall is now under GME. Opel is under GME. Opel is Vauxhall, Vauxhall is Opel. What kimchi Vauxhall? GMDAT cars. GMDAT cars were Daewoos because GMDAT stands for GM Daewoo Automotive Technologies. Now Daewoos are Chevrolets. All of them used hacked Vauxhall/Opel engines.

That is GM for you. Resistance is futile. You will indeed be assimilated and then spat out as many names for the same kind of car. laugh.gif

You miss out something in your equation. There's also holden and saturn as well [sly]

Daihatsu is also Toyota, Ford Is also Mazda n volvo,Skoda is also Audi.Sorry if i'm wrong

Opel = Vauxhall = Saturn = Holden coz they are the same, even up to equipping level.

Daihatsu is not equal to toyota nor is ford to Mz/volvo coz they only share platform.

Rush and Rav4 is the same? Focus is the same as Mz3?

We are the GM. You will be assimilated. Resistance is futile.

laugh.gif

Can resist! Like Subaru and Saab. [laugh]

it will have to be the Saabaru 9-2 [sly]

and got some QC issue.. anyway, most contis are like that.. mercs and BMW as well..

guess the japz have more pride while the european have more beer

I'm from the old school, IMHO I will not buy a car which are use as Taxi. Tis is my opinion, juz like to hear from bros n sis.

Well.. then your options will be greatly reduced, given that there are more makes of cars being used as taxis now:

Toyota Crown

Toyota Axio

Mercedes E200

Honda Airwave

Hyundai Sonata

Kia Megantis

Frankly, if I can afford it, dolling up a personal London Cab (car, not taxi, I just dunno the make) might be quite cool. [laugh]

If in Malaysia:

Proton Perdana

Proton Waja

Proton Wira

Proton Iswara

Proton Saga

Guess if you live in Malaysia then it's either a Perodua or foreign make car liow

But seriously, what is it about cars-used-as-taxis that turn you off? I can understand if it's just a choice, just like some people swear off Korean cars just because they don't want to get Korean cars, not that they have anything against Korean cars or anything

Edited by Scoots
  • Praise 2

Some people just want "rare" cars coz they want to be different regardless of how the car looks. Others deem taxi as a "chauffeur" service which they hate feeling like a "chauffeur" whenever they drive their cars.

There are many reason why people stay away from "taxi" cars but I guess the main reason will be the resale value of such cars. People who drive their cars till scrap will not be bothered but people who intend to change their cars every 2 to 3 years will think twice before purchasing one.

As for the reason of having the cars chosen to be taxi due to good and reliability, I beg to defer. Big taxi firms will decide on the price of bulk purchase while smaller firms will decide on the availability of service parts and the price of the vehicle. Axio and fielder are JDM models but they are not common here so why choose them where there is no reliable data to say that it is "good" and "reliable", especially in Singapore climate ? I believe it is more on the "leftovers" in warehouses which PI imported but failed to sell and it will be more viable economically to convert them to taxi (by just installing CNG system).

Just look at Prime Leasing's fleet, why would a taxi firm carries so many different models of taxi in a small fleet if their aim is to choose a "good" and "reliable" model?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2