In car surveillance cam

Mouse

Local distributor selling it at $200+. It can be easily bought through internet below $100 including shipping. Actual cost is only around $60 before shipping.

aiyah.. goto 4 horse road get status of 4 四面佛, also 360 degree divine surveillance developed 1000 years before cctv was invented. chirp chirp..

Now I am really tempted to get this one after yesterday afternoon's near accident at Eunos flyover. I was coming from Eunos and turning right into the via duct that leads to PIE Changi at the Eunos flyover. As I turned into the via duct and just passed the traffic junction, I could see another three vehicles from the opposite side (Ubi area) and turning into the other via duct which also leads to PIE Changi. The first two managed to enter the via duct before me, which was fine. However, the third vehicle,a Toyota truck in blue colour, never slowed down. I had to swerve to the right to avoid being hit on the rear left door are of my ride. Fortunately, I had some space as the other car which entered the via duct with me was slightly behind me.

I could feel cold sweat coming down my spine but still managed to give that reckless driver a loud horn. I slowed down just before entering the PIE and had wanted to stop at the road shoulder and ask the truck driver to stop over and confront his dangerous driving behaviour. That fellow clearly knew he was wrong and slowed down considerably. This is the second time I nearly got hit by a vehcile (the previous one was a delivery van) entering from a via duct. Hence, I really want to get one these DVRs with one installed in front and one on the left to capture such events. Obviously the overriding principle is to drive safely (and defensively to avoid getting into such nasty situations). Question is even if this is captured in video, will the TP act on the video footage?

ACTually, I don't need to ACT lah.. If a picture says a thousand words, then a video says it all. If only this DVR is able to incorporate the GPS technology, much like the GPS photo function so that the GPS coordinates of the place can be captured to further evidence the reckless act...

just get 4 cams, and a multiplexer will do. multiplexer is really chirp. to reduce power, activation by motion sensor set a farther distance say 10m.

shock sensor to activate alarm so as to deter further damage.

There are those selling $1K+ around in the market. If you know how to do it or know someone who had a real life set for budget less than $500, will be glad if you can share.

I had explored quite a few in the market namely, GeniusGuard, CyberCam and this Car Sentry. Anyone had tried and installed the car sentry, pls advice as it cost $1.2K as follows:-

Car Sentry is described as camera and computer combined into one intelligent unit. Having 3 cameras within a black box and 1 rear camera. Car Sentry captures and records live video directly to SD card DVR. Car Sentry is the first ever innovated (4-in-1) surveillance camera! It's flexible and powerful features enable you to cost-effectively monitor and secure personal properties in the most user-friendly way!

Features:

1)To survey surrounding activities from all directions

2)To record happenings surrounding your properties at all instances, 24/7 round the clock

3)To act as crime deterence in vehicles

4)To use as supporting evidence in cases of car accidents, vandalism and thefts

5)To capture the nices scenery of your journey & record driving data

6)Low power consumption, DC 12Volt, 0.99amp

Specifications:

1)Three color CCD cameras are camouflaged in an elegant compact case with wide angle surveillance, via front windscreen, left & right side windows of the vehicle

2)One color CCD camera for rear windscreen and car reversing monitoring to avoid blind spot

3)All 4-camera views are recorded and seen in the form of quadrant sections in a screen

4)All camera are recorded in SD card of DVR with built-in MPEG4-SP video. SD Card DVR supports manual motion detection and schedule continous recording of up to 10 hrs(2GB)

5)Data are recorded as FAT16/32 file system and ASF file format which can be backed up by PC

6) SD card memory can be overwriten when memory is full

7)Operating at very low DC power to prevent heavy car battery drainage which will affect car ignition after overnight recording

email: [email protected]

tel: 6293-4676, 6292-2032

Sim Lim Tower, #B1-25

Edited by Amazon777

Check this out, anyone tried this before? Wonder how effective and what the damage $ will be like?

http://www.securitex.com.sg/Wireless%20Veh...e%20systems.htm

Securitex wireless vehicle surveillance system is specially design by a team of electronic engineers from Israel and India. As most vehicle theft occurred in vehicle and at the same time most vehicle security system only confine to alarm system, thus no proof of crime can be obtained. Even if an alarm do activate from the car, no one actually bother thinking it

Edited by Amazon777

Neutral Newbie

Actually I m interested in those CCtv that could be use as an black box when we are driving. of course not so complicated... simple DVR with connection to 2 or more wide angle.

↡ Advertisement