Vehicle Registration Numbers Retention & Transfer (Process & Fees)

Chibibotto

Hi all,

i understand that we need to pay like 100 bucks to use back our old number on our new car. But what abt the replacement of the old car with the new number if the car is not for scrap but into the 2nd hand market by the dealer? Do we need to pay to give it the new number?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi, actually u need to pay $1000 to retain yr current licence plate..and the new licence plate generated for yr new car will then be switched to yr old car..hope it helps..

• Praise 1

sorry guys, LTA as with everything else has increased price rifle.gif ....

to retain no. plate to NEW car -> $300

to retain no. plate to USED car -> $1,300 !

i found out the hard way when i bought a used car and retained my no. plate... ouch bigcry.gif

Hi, what u said is grossly inaccurate.

For new cars, u pay a S$100 (increased to 300 now?). For numbers swap between two EXISTING cars, the price is S$1,300.

If u are holding on the number plate after u scrap ur car and ur new car is not here, u pay S$1300 first and when ur new car comes, S$1200 will be refunded.

Been there, done that.

Hi, actually u need to pay $1000 to retain yr current licence plate..and the new licence plate generated for yr new car will then be switched to yr old car..hope it helps..
Edited by Achtung

So we no need to pay for the new number on the old car when we sell? Then think can retain my number if only 100 bucks...else if need to pay extra 1300, dont think worth it...Thanks to all for the reply :)

pai seh, see wrongly. retain no. plate for NEW cars -> still $100 ....... tongue.gif

i learnt my lesson, i shall never retain my no. plate on USED vehicle. its damn frustrating & heart pain to see the LTA auntie punch in some stuff on her keyboard, out comes a letter in less than 3 mins ....for $1300 !!! furious.gif

Edited by Othello

just for fun - to swap no. plates between 2 cars - > $2600. I think this is stuper unjustified. With that money, I can pay for 2 admin girls to do all the admin work for a month to do ALL the work needed for 30 cars man !!!!!

With $1300, u could have bidded the same number, if not nicer number!! That is why car number cannot be too horrible cos ban dang pple wun buy ur car when u sell...

sorry guys, LTA as with everything else has increased price rifle.gif ....

to retain no. plate to NEW car -> $300

to retain no. plate to USED car -> $1,300 !

i found out the hard way when i bought a used car and retained my no. plate... ouch bigcry.gif

• Praise 1

I sold my car no. to a Ferrari owner at $5K. I went to LTA with the buyer to effect the transfer. I had to absorb the $1.3K admin fee as it was transferred to his existing Ferrari. Had he decided to use the car no. to register for a new car within a 1 yr time frame, LTA wil refund to him $1.2K, thus equate to $100 new car plate retention fee. My own car was generated a random no. by LTA. Afterwhich, the car was scrapped. Till now, I still feel sore, did I sell the number cheap as effectively, I only gain $3.7K, but I paid $5K for it initially. The car number ends with a "X" but has very nice suffix and repeated no.

Edited by Amazon777
↡ Advertisement