Vehicle Registration Numbers Retention & Transfer (Process & Fees)

Chibibotto

What happens if I retain my old car plate and register it with the new car?  I'm keeping my old car so will it have a number plate that is auto-generated by LTA?

Yes.

↡ Advertisement

Thanks. Do I need to pay for this auto-generation? From LTA/one-motoring it implies none for auto-generation.

No need to pay for this new auto generated number.

Just make sure your old car fix with this new plater within 3 working days.

No need to pay for this new auto generated number.

Just make sure your old car fix with this new plater within 3 working days.

Great. Thanks.

Hi... I'm a ROPC owner.. currently I just booked a Nissan note and converted it to be opc scheme.. Currently waiting for G'teed COE bidding for it.. But I wish to retain my number plate to the new car so I wish to know anyone is an opc owner which also retained before and what's the procedure?? Will the Nissan dealer will the the process for me or I still have to go down for deal inspection etc??

Info that I informed the dealer that I'll trade in with my old car...

Hi... I'm a ROPC owner.. currently I just booked a Nissan note and converted it to be opc scheme.. Currently waiting for G'teed COE bidding for it.. But I wish to retain my number plate to the new car so I wish to know anyone is an opc owner which also retained before and what's the procedure?? Will the Nissan dealer will the the process for me or I still have to go down for deal inspection etc??

Info that I informed the dealer that I'll trade in with my old car...

Pay 1300 to LTA and get it retained, then before registration inform your sales guy/girl and get them to utilize it for registration, LTA will refund you 1200 and DO NOT PAY extra 100 for registration bcos the refund of 1200 without the 100 IS FOR the registration.

Without retained number, the registration fee is 100.

Hi, I have Bidded a new number last year and able to hold it for a year. My intention is to buy a used car and transfer the number I bid onto the used car I will be buying. I understand the process will take 3 days but the problem now is, how am I going to buy insurance when I buy this used car? The dealer need to transfer the car to my name (with existing plate) then I can transfer the plate I Bidded to the used car.

Hi, I have Bidded a new number last year and able to hold it for a year. My intention is to buy a used car and transfer the number I bid onto the used car I will be buying. I understand the process will take 3 days but the problem now is, how am I going to buy insurance when I buy this used car? The dealer need to transfer the car to my name (with existing plate) then I can transfer the plate I Bidded to the used car.

Buy insurance with the exiting number.. then once retained plate inform insurance. impt is the chassis and engine number which cannot be change. plate no worries

the dealer if dunno how to advise this simple thing i think u need to think think abt it.

• Praise 1

Buy insurance with the exiting number.. then once retained plate inform insurance. impt is the chassis and engine number which cannot be change. plate no worries

the dealer if dunno how to advise this simple thing i think u need to think think abt it.

Honestly, he doesn't know because he ask me to do myself.

Dumb dealer, such simple things also dunno!

Dear all,

I am considering to sell my car plate, but my car is still under finance loan.

Can i sell my car plate? What are the steps?

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Dear all,

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Clear the loan.. How to clear is the challenge. 

The finance company don't care what you do if you clear off your loan. LTA can only transfer once there's no loan.

Assuming u clear the loan already whether u need to get another loan is another thing. That's another headache. Transfer count also increase by 2.

So at the end with all these headache still worth to sell the plate?

Dear all,

Any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Retain pay 1300 to LTA

Wait for buyer, once have buyer, find a neutral car and load the plate onto the car without extra cost, transfer to buyer of plate, let him retain (he will pay 1300 to LTA) then transfer the neutral car back to you.

I do number plate transfer service, $300 per transaction, exclude LTA fees

* for those who have plates expiring, retained under 1300 fees (for those who retained under $100 will need to top up 1200 to LTA) or bidded new, extended with LTA is 1200 for 6 mths, i can do 1300 for 12 mths, also $300 excluding LTA fees

Edited by cmcex

Neutral Newbie

Hi,

Im looking to sell SJR 5544B @ $800.00. Immediate transfer. All fees on Buyer. 

Interested pls contact me at 97310570 to discuss.

Thank you

↡ Advertisement