Vehicle Registration Numbers Retention & Transfer (Process & Fees)

Chibibotto

Mr Neo thanks for your no comment “comment”, It is very reassuring ... lol

Mr Neo Nam Heng, chairman of diversified motor group Prime, said he would refrain from commenting on tax revenue issues, but pointed out that "cost will be passed on to consumers".

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement

All out to tax but still keep their million dollar salaries.  [thumbsdown]

They actually think they are worth the celery ...  :XD:

Edited by Blueray
  • Praise 1

Thought thy reduce the transfer fee to current $11, and now they increased it again?!

mark my words......this wont be the last you hear about increase post-131345-0-35681600-1512630284.jpeg

• Praise 2

ok guys, back here again,

how do i go about extending the retain plate?

i cant find info on how to do it online via the onemotoring portal.

do i have to go personally to LTA to pay extension fee?

ok guys, back here again,

how do i go about extending the retain plate?

i cant find info on how to do it online via the onemotoring portal.

do i have to go personally to LTA to pay extension fee?

CALL- LTA

Haven did it yet. But should be $150 in total after refund

Hi, I want to do the same.. have you been able to transfer suceasfully using Method A?
  • Praise 2

Hi, I want to do the same.. have you been able to transfer suceasfully using Method A?

MZ, if you are buying new car, get the dealer to do it for you. They can do it easily.

Some clarifications. If my existing vehicle number is a bidded one.. then i choose to retain and transfer it to an old car.. no additional fees payable right?

Supersonic

Transfer to new car $100

Transfer to existing car $1300

Doesn’t matter if extg number is bidded or not

MZ, if you are buying new car, get the dealer to do it for you. They can do it easily.

Our old car is under my wife name but we just booked a new car under my name and wanted to transfer the number plate to our new car. Our dealer told us my wife need to write to LTA to appeal and transfer the number to my name before retaining the number (i.e. Method A in the initial post). Seems like we need to do it personally?

Our old car is under my wife name but we just booked a new car under my name and wanted to transfer the number plate to our new car. Our dealer told us my wife need to write to LTA to appeal and transfer the number to my name before retaining the number (i.e. Method A in the initial post). Seems like we need to do it personally?

your dealer is just lazy.

I have a retain number and is going to expire soon in 15May2018.

SE told me as long as I confirm a new car purchase before 15May2018, even my new car arrive 3-4months later, I am still able to use my retain number, how true is it?

I have a retain number and is going to expire soon in 15May2018.

SE told me as long as I confirm a new car purchase before 15May2018, even my new car arrive 3-4months later, I am still able to use my retain number, how true is it?

Thought your retain number must be register on a car by the expiry date and not by the car purchase date?

You better check with LTA and dont listen to your SE, if not wait your retain number got lapse after the expiry date.

Edited by 13177

You can apply to extend for another 6 months. Don't think your SE is right. I had mine registered 1 day before it expires as advised by My SE

Edited by mmlky