Vehicle Registration Numbers Retention & Transfer (Process & Fees)

Chibibotto

Retain pay 1300 to LTA

Wait for buyer, once have buyer, find a neutral car and load the plate onto the car without extra cost, transfer to buyer of plate, let him retain (he will pay 1300 to LTA) then transfer the neutral car back to you.

I do number plate transfer service, $300 per transaction, exclude LTA fees

* for those who have plates expiring, retained under 1300 fees (for those who retained under $100 will need to top up 1200 to LTA) or bidded new, extended with LTA is 1200 for 6 mths, i can do 1300 for 12 mths, also $300 excluding LTA fees

Hi, I have a new plate SME series, going to expire in July if not used. How could I extend it for a year instead of LTA’s $1200 for 6 months only?
↡ Advertisement

Hi, I have a new plate SME series, going to expire in July if not used. How could I extend it for a year instead of LTAâs $1200 for 6 months only?

Retain with $1200 or put it in ur own car under ur name.

Otherwise, let LTA eat ur number plate away...

Can use the "bidded" number to replace "current" number. If so, what will happen to the "current" number ?

Supersonic
(edited)

1200 Is only when you transfer it to an old car, if you retain number and transfer it to a new car, it is free or $100, I cant remember as I have not done so for too long, not 1200 for sure.

Can use the "bidded" number to replace "current" number. If so, what will happen to the "current" number ?

LTA will deregister the current number, owner does not have to do anything. Edited by Ct3833

(edited)

Transfer old number to new car is only $100 nett. Just need to log in One Motoring to retain number (-$1300), and then tell your AD that you are retaining the number. LTA will refund you $1200 in a couple of weeks.

I just did it last month.

Edited by Weez911
  • Praise 1

1200 Is only when you transfer it to an old car, if you retain number and transfer it to a new car, it is free or $100, I cant remember as I have not done so for too long, not 1200 for sure.

LTA will deregister the current number, owner does not have to do anything.

He has already bidded the number and put under his name. The number is not tag to any car yet. He can retain the number for another 6 mths without putting the car at $1000-$1200. Or he can put it in his new car, LTA refund him $1200. Or he can put it in used car... but the used car must be under his name. He cannot just give the number away or keep it without putting it in a car of his own.
  • Praise 1

Hi, I have a new plate SME series, going to expire in July if not used. How could I extend it for a year instead of LTA’s $1200 for 6 months only?

Of cos you can, i can help you do it with a cost of $350, extend for one year, but your cost is 1300 and additional 321 if your plate hasnt been placed on any vehicle before 

Omitted from system immediately

(edited)

Retention is always 1300 no 2 ways bout it

I said before,

(A) Dereg then retain is $100

(B) Retain then dereg is $1300

For (A) in future place on New vehicle prior to registration has no other extra cost, place on Existing vehicle will cost $1200

For (B) in future place on Existing vehicle no extra cost but place on New vehicle prior to registration LTA refund $1200

For those who buy new car, see your sales agreement there is a $100 registaration fee from LTA, now thats generating carplate cost, so if you have a plate to place on the vehicle for registration, actually you dont need to pay the $100 registration fee cos you paid before already when you retain the plate either via (A) or (B) get it?

Hi, I have Bidded a new number last year and able to hold it for a year. My intention is to buy a used car and transfer the number I bid onto the used car I will be buying. I understand the process will take 3 days but the problem now is, how am I going to buy insurance when I buy this used car? The dealer need to transfer the car to my name (with existing plate) then I can transfer the plate I Bidded to the used car.

Whats with the 3 days? Its immediate when u do online once the car is transferred to you. After which u got 3 CALENDAR days to change the plate of your car, just inform your insurance carplate change and send them the replacement letter. TAKE NOTE: 3 CALENDAR DAYS not working days.

Edited by cmcex

Of cos you can, i can help you do it with a cost of $350, extend for one year, but your cost is 1300 and additional 321 if your plate hasnt been placed on any vehicle before

Omitted from system immediately

Nice, exactly what I’m looking for. 6 months for $1200 is zzzz...

So let me get this straight,

Owner "A" has a number on his car X and wish to transfer to me for my new car Y.

"A" transfer his car X to me with the plate (how much to pay LTA?) and then I pay (nett $100) to LTA transfer the number to my new car Y.

Then generate a new number for car X (how much to pay LTA?).  

May I correct on the process?  All can be done online instead of going down to LTA? Thank you all for your guidance and help!!

Neutral Newbie

How long does it take lta to refund u the 1200?and how do they do it? 

↡ Advertisement