Soft99 Water Block Wax Lasting?

Best_ctzn

Just bought the above from Carrefour recently as was fascinated by its claim on waterproofing ($20 only). Tried on my my car and found it really could repel water amazingly. But as recently got no downpour, so could not confirm if it can last long. Could any kind soul who has used it feedback on this product? Many TIA.

post-14-1199199903_thumb.jpg

Edited by Best_ctzn
↡ Advertisement

alo.. it's wax, if wax cannot repel water i dunno wat can. tat type of claim by manufacturer is really a no brainer.

btw, dunno how long it can last? try parking under hot sun and .. oh, u dun wash car?

Thank you for your reply.

But I hope those with no experience on the product to refrain from giving no-meaningful answer. I am actually looking for a giant wick to lit up my car after the waxing session.

Could any real users step forward and contribute?

Soft99 rolls out alot of waxes. sweatdrop.gif

Never tried it. Since u used already, please let us know how it goes with time. Given the current rainy season, i'm sure it won't take u long to evaluate.

What about the shine and clarity vs other waxes u have used?

I found it much easier to apply and buff compared to platinum wax paste. And it repels water like crazy when sprayed, so make me wonder if the effect can last. You can checkout the effect on youtube. Too bad never ganna rain these few days as parking is mostly sheltered. That is why I posted in forum to ask for opinions.

thank you for replying to my reply.

i look forward to the bonfire... NPNT pls do post.

btw, used the golden can one. the product is a real misnormer.. not soft at all...

hard to apply. thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

I used another brand called Collinite which is very popular in the US. It repels like mad too and very durable. Application is easy. So i won't be too surprised if Soft99 has such a product as well.

You don't have to wait for rain. Just wash it according to your routine (2 weeks etc) and after a month or two, please report back on the durability.

My situation is such that I only wash my car once a week. So after applying the soft99 water block wax, I will not wash it any time soon. And because it did not rain when I was driving the last few days, I could not confirm if it can last. So instead of waiting for my own verdict which will take days / weeks, I decided to take shortcut and ask for user feedback here.

So, much as I appreciate all the bros here offering their alternative view and some with generic answers, I hope those who really use the product I attached at the initial thread will kindly provide me feedback. Pls do not provide generic answers as I used to wax the whole car every week for more than a year so I roughly will know how to judge and how to apply. Just kindly tell me your real user feedback on the product, if there is any. Many many many TIA.

Hi, bro. Is the comparison with the collinite against the soft99 wax I attached at beginning of the thread? I asked because soft99 is so many type of wax, not sure if you are comparing with the one I asking. Thanks.

Neutral Newbie

Had tried this wax on the 9th Dec. On the first application, I notice that this wax is quite easily applied but it does not lift the stains already on the paint. After application, it does not really shine. But throughout the week, it did rain a lot on the following week and the water repelling effect seems to be OK although by the end of the 2 week, the water beading seems to be starting to be wearing off a bit.

Applied the second time on the 23rd Dec. This time used a cleaner wax to clean the surface first and the cleaner wax immediately brings out the shine on application. Then I applied the Soft99 Water Block Wax followed by Soft99 FussoCoat. The shine is good this time but it rained almost immediately after my 4 hours of hard work. [sweatdrop] The rain repelling is good throughout the week but water stains already appear a week later. It may be because the rain came too soon after application and there is not enough time for the wax to cull properly.

On the weekend between Christmas and NewYear, I applied a layer of Meguairs NTX booster wax after the routine car wash and the shine and water repelling is restored. But yesterdays whole day of extremely fine type of rain had caused the car to look very dirty again as the dust stick onto water droplets on the car and dried off without being washed away. [furious]

Edited by Patcheon

No offence bro, but u sure sound like one impatient detailer especially considering you wash and wax every week . And don't get me wrong, i don't mean any negative way and also not saying u can't ask for comments here from those who tried.

But hope u yourself come back with your own feedback after you have washed it or rained it too. sly.gif

Bro, i was like you before [:)] Washing & waxing my ride every week without fail [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

I was on the NXT paste wax though [:)]

IMHO, most wax should last at least 7-10 days with that glossy feel if it did not kena rain and is covered with dust particles from the surroundings [nod][nod][nod] If kena rain particularly those heavy ones, most likely after 2-3 washes then bye bye liao though the surface of the paintwork would still look [thumbsup] at times [;)]

It has been few days since I applied the water block wax. This morning there was a slight persistent drizzling and last I checked before lunch, water beading still ok. Whole water droplets were still seen on the car where previously using Platinum wax, the water beading effect would be gone by now. So this should be the most waterproof wax I have used. Maybe next I will try to get hold of the Collinite to do comparison.

I also observed that the cleaning effect is no good. When I applied it the first time, it was very easy to wipe on and off, compared to Platinum wax. And I did some rubbing on certain dirty spots but seems like later on were covered by the wax and not rub-off. When I try to use finger nails to scratch the spots, effect is like it has become part of the paint, encased by the wax. So next time must clean the car very well before applying it.

Also, the shine is not there. And not so wet look like Platinum wax. But maybe that is becasue I did not dab the waxing pad with a bit water when applying, as shown in soft99 website instruction. Think else the shine will be ok. But then again, shine will be a bonus for me. I am only looking for water proofing as the main criteria now.

Overall, quite happy with what I have now. The best part is that it is so much easier to apply on and off, compared to the Platinum wax I have been using. It became not so much like a chore. [thumbsup] When got time, will try to check out the Collinite.

Neutral Newbie

Yup, the cleaning effect is not good. That's why I got the cleaner wax for my second attempt. Yup, I did not use water also, cus the instructions on soft99 products are all in Japanese, so dun really know how to use their product. [sweatdrop][sweatdrop] Like the FussoCoat, they provide sponges which is one side like regular sponge (yellow) and the other side like a dense rubber(blue). So far still dun know how to use it properly. The blue part, when rubbed against the car body, will produce rub offs like those of a eraser rubbings off a paper. So, not sure if that part when rub against the car, will it erase away the paint. Haiz...wish there is someone that can translate the japanese instructions.