Take note next time you enter any lucky draws

Orac

Hi All,

Please beware when you enter any lucky draw in future.

Marketing ppl r getting more sly these days.

My personal encounter:

Recently, on 31 Dec 07, received an sms saying that my application for XXXXX credit card has been approved and will be send to me within 3 days, and if I do not receive the card in 3days please call this number.

I called up the credit card company and told them I received this sms even though I did not apply for their card. They investigated and told me that I have automatically applied for their card while entering a lucky draw when I pay my bills using those A*S machines/kiosks located in malls or petrol stations.

At the end of paying bill using those kiosks, there is those lucky draw thingy where you r required to enter your contact details. And that is how they got my contact for application.

This is really ridiculous! how can a lucky draw contest be associated with credit card application.

From this lesson, I will reminder myself not to enter any lucky draw contest or survey anymore.

Regards

Orac

↡ Advertisement

Scam? who said its a scam... no nigerian involved.

Its a S'porean company and reputable credit card company, all legitimate businesses

Mostly all those "lucky Draws" where they ask for your details wil b sold many times over to all sorts of companies looking for "clients".

Last time I used to fill in my email address till I started receiving all sorts of stupid stuff tru my email. Now I just leave it blank.

So now the latest is they use your telephone number to solicit business. Aiyah. How desperate can SG companies be? Like that can say our economy is booming when these companies seem so desperate?

Who to believe? [confused]

actually, if u read carefully all those fine print, it's stated there and i cancel it before joining the lucky draw...

i do find them annoying but we have to becareful ourselves on what we key in and what we enrol for mah..... nowadays, everything also got fine print .... [:/]

Do you have any credit cards with this bank prior to this? If so then they have "automatically" qualified you for a 2nd card... I got the OCBC master card also "automatically"... I just called the bank that I don't need the card and cut it away...

Oh ya... it's Di**rs.

I noticed this when I was paying my bills at Eh-Axe-Ass machine, and ensured that I did not say yes to a free credit card.

These days, credit card companies are really aggressive in their efforts to expand their customer base. [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement