Subaru_Black color

Samwng

Hi,

I'm newbie for car detailing and would like to seek advice from those bro / sis driving the above color / made car.

What is the best products you ever try and still happy till today.

Fyi, Currently I wash my car using normal shampoo " Kit -brand" and follow by Cleaner Wax "Zymol". So far so good. I wonder can i apply "cleaner wax " on monthly basis witout applying wax? Will this harm my car paint [:|]

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro Samwng, from my experience Subaru paint tends to be on the softer side so it tends to scratch or get water etched marks easier.

Your currently maintenance method is pretty alright and it is safe to use the cleaner wax on a monthly basis. Since Subaru paint is on the softer side it will be better if you can apply a pure sealant or wax on a bi-weekly basis for added protection.

For something easy to use you can consider the JW Acrlyic Jett Trigger, a pure acrylic sealant, simply spray on and wipe off.

Since yours is a black car, you can also consider using these quality carnauba wax that gives the deep, wet and rich look on dark color cars. Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax or Victoria Concours Red Wax.

Hope this helped [;)] .

Guess Gen2 the guru have spoken. If possible, visit him for a total grooming. You will learn to appreciate how good his work is esp for black ride. The only issue is that do book him way in advance as his waiting list is very long!

My old black ride was very well detailed by him! [thumbsup]

How about this product ? "Sonax x-treme car carnauba wax polish"

Should I skip the "cleaner Wax" step and go direct into this product after finishing washing my car.. [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Hi bro Samwng, the only product I have tried from Sonax is the SONAX Xtreme Brilliant Wax 1 Nano Pro. It is a pure protection product like JW Acrylic Jett Trigger and it gives a good shine to the car too. However the ease of use will have to go to the Trigger.

You can go direct to the "Sonax x-treme car carnauba wax polish" after finish washing your car. But once a while it is still a good idea to use the cleaner wax or paint cleaner to clean up the paint work.

(edited)

Thank you "Gen2" for your input

I'm thinking this coming Sat activite are as follow :

9a.m : Wake up [flowerface]

10a.m : morning bath my little lamb

11a.m : Polish the whole car and clean

1p.m : Lunch ~ Hong Kong Roasted duck rice / Chicken Rice

2p.m : Waxing the car using my new "Sonax X- treme car"

4p.m : Finish and Enjoy [cool]

5p.m : Prepare for dinner appointment [inlove]

Edited by Samwng

Hardwork = Result = Happy [flowerface]

Product :

DSC00050.jpg

After wash and Zymol "Cleaner Wax

DSC00043.jpg

DSC00048.jpg

After apply #105 [sunny]

DSC00055.jpg

DSC00051.jpg

DSC00054.jpg

Summary: [thumbsup] Good product #105, will continue to monitor how long the #105 can stay on my car.. [;)] This product really give the car additional of deep wet look.. [inlove]

Neutral Newbie

hi Gen2,

able to provide a address or phone number to me? i just got my new ride; currently considering going back to tough seal but still sourcing for other brands also.

can PM me? tks [thumbsup]

After these few days, rain after rain... my car no longer having the shiny look :(

This won't put me rest.. coming sat will wash and wax on my little lamb [sly] all the way till CNy.. [laugh]

(edited)

DSC00001.jpg

DSC00002.jpg

Today - hard work:

1.) Rinse the car and shampoo (Kit)

2.) Cleaning interior and apply cleaner liquid to all glass panel

2.) Apply #105 ( this is 2nd layer)

3.) Enjoy [inlove] next to my car..

Edited by Samwng