Heard a siren? Clear way for emergency vehicle LAH!!

Miketow

Neutral Newbie

SG drivers are proving to be a socially underdeveloped bunch.

Just last week I was at work in the evening when I heard a siren blasting non stop - ( must have been a huge emergency) - I looked down my office window and saw an ambulance stuck in traffic.

It was only after about 1 minute of non stop siren blasting that some cars in front of it reluctantly gave way - then what happened? >>> SOME AXXHOLE ( driving Honda Airwave) cut into the open space meant for the ambulance!!! [rifle][hur][thumbsdown]

Bad karma sir! - what goes around - WILL come around [thumbsdown]

↡ Advertisement

Sometimes the amb travel silent with only lights flashing...there were times when I check my rear and have to quickly "siam"...

actually imho, i will definitely give way to ambulance with or without siren on... but after tat if there's a chance i will go to the back of the ambulance (not so near of cos), i will not obstruct them but noting wrong in driving behind an ambulance mah...

Neutral Newbie

Haha.. I am one of those who will cut behind the ambulance after they pass eh. But sometimes they can be slower cos of the 90kmph restriction. I dunno if they can exceed the limit but the ones i see follow to the restriction strictly. I do give way to ambulance who start their siren even with the lights on but no siren too.

SG drivers are proving to be a socially underdeveloped bunch.

Bad karma sir! - what goes around - WILL come around [thumbsdown]

I do not blame the public. I put the blame mostly on the SCDF themselves. From previous reports, I know fire engines and ambulances are equipped with cameras to record vehicles who block their way.

So far none have been fine and no actions taken. The public will slowly learn that it is OK to delay emergency vehicles. Blame it on the minister who takes million dollar salary but do not act on these kinds of life or death issues. May be they think "YOU DIE YOUR OWN BUSINESS!" [rifle]

Neutral Newbie
In Front of the ambulance or behind?

Many people will simply cut behind of the ambulance after they pass...

In FRONT of the ambulance.

- I agree , ambulances rarely turn on their sirens, only the lights- so I figured the siren was on and for a REALLY long time - must have been quite an emergency.

i mean as in regardless whether they are in an emergency or not, if there's an ambulance i tink we should all give way... what's goes round comes round... [:p]

[reply]

So far none have been fine and no actions taken. The public will slowly learn that it is OK to delay emergency vehicles. Blame it on the minister who takes million dollar salary but do not act on these kinds of life or death issues. May be they think "YOU DIE YOUR OWN BUSINESS!"

Bro...scdf do charge ambulances blockers....they do go thru the video when there is a delay of responding time.

Turbocharged

if it is SCDF ambulance, most of the drivers dont dare to play punk.

they only drive on the fast lane when there is a emergency.

as for those private amubulance, hahahaha....they are the most sickening drivers.

no emergency also road hodge the fast lane.

SG drivers have still a LONG way to go in driving etiquette. Those who drives in the UK will know what a driver will do when any emergency vehicle approaches....they drive up the pavement, drive into opposite lane, turn into oncoming traffic at junction.....just to make way.

↡ Advertisement