My accident on CTE, 12 Jan 08 around 8pm

Vtim

It's really got nothing to do with how tough (or not) your MPV is, it has to do with the different heights of the cars involved. There was a thread a few weeks back with some youtube clips which show the drastic difference a small change in height makes.
hmmm... unhappy that the korean car is tougher?? maybe someone in the forum can enlighten u that his '99 elantra rearended a BMW5 series and the boot was gone but the elantra only number plate cracked.....

erm, he's just stating a fact abt different heights. nothing to do with the car being korean or not.

[:/]

↡ Advertisement

It's really got nothing to do with how tough (or not) your MPV is, it has to do with the different heights of the cars involved. There was a thread a few weeks back with some youtube clips which show the drastic difference a small change in height makes.
hmmm... unhappy that the korean car is tougher?? maybe someone in the forum can enlighten u that his '99 elantra rearended a BMW5 series and the boot was gone but the elantra only number plate cracked.....

I dont think he dont believe that korean car are strong la...Its quite true that the height difference of the reinforcement bar will cause serious damage to the car with the lower height. During braking, the trajet rear is likely slightly lifed up and the ford front dipped causing this serious damage when it go below the trajet reinforcement bar.

i find that that area (CTE ave 1) tend to have more accidents.sweatdrop.gif

yes, that's why the tow truck (tout) appear within 5mins of the accident sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

take it as a blessing that you wasn't the last car.sweatdrop.gif

different height but u have a weak car also buang case lah

This is the video I was talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXeKSDpFjlg

In one of the tests, they compare two identical Mondeos, the only difference being one is two inches higher than the other, the result is for all to see. The point is, no matter how strong or weak your car is, the metal protecting the cabin will always be weaker than the metal surrounding the chassis.

I'm surprised the lancer was so bad. I wonder how come it the components were 'designed' to collapsed in such way...caused so much damage to other parts.

I think its becuase the the Trajet is high, thus the Ford Laser (or lancer? I confused liao [dizzy] ) hit the high rear of the trajet with the top section of the bonnet. In this case, I don't think the imapact/crumple zone of the Ford Laser/Mit lancer is even touched.

young lady driver lah, still in shock through out the whole time, pity her

NPNT!! laugh.giflaugh.gif

simi si NPNT confused.gif

NPNT = No Picture, No Talk ..... sly.gifsly.gif [/reply]

not nice to take picture of lady in shock lah wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Wah ....

So you literally kana ...

"She bang ... she bang ... oh baby ...

With her Lancer ..... oh crazy ...

My Trajet is not too bad ... but her Lancer is bad ...

She must be on the phone while driving ...." ... laugh.giflaugh.gif

er... just to correct my mistake, it's a Ford Laser, as whether she was on the phone, I no comment

i find that that area (CTE ave 1) tend to have more accidents.sweatdrop.gif

yes, that's why the tow truck (tout) appear within 5mins of the accident sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

take it as a blessing that you wasn't the last car.sweatdrop.gif

yah lor, this is the 2nd time liao, the 1st time was much futher down, just before the Braddell Road Flyover, light rain during the afternoon. I only have a very light dent on the rear bumper and the Sunny behind me got front bumper bent and broken number plate sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

actually, my rear bumper is totally gone liao, see the latest pics taken the next morning. The rear bumper and lift door will have to be replaced sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Yeap...can see that.....

It was just like my case when i was driving a Matrix involving a Nissan March near ECP Camera where this March driven by a young lady was so fast and furious.... [gorgeous]

Where near the ECP Camera point, i sotpped my car as the Merc in front was stopped.

But this lady, hit my bump so hard that all my front dashboard things start pouring out.

Her byonnet was in a V shpe but my bumper was just like yours.

Went to KMC Alexandra and they changed my bumper and lift door too.... [thumbsup]

I just check with them, cannot knock, they will replace with either new thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif or used bigcry.gifbigcry.gifbigcry.gif

↡ Advertisement