When will ban be lifted for Bak Kwa from MY

Diehardsu

i went last week to buy ....

Lim Zi Yen original is not nice , too hard ...

Chilli slice is better ....

I prefer wo lai ye bwa kwa.....

Yayaya.......Wo Lai Ye Bah Kwa is nice.......Thin and well BBQ.......I always buy back to SG and enjoy with my TV!!!! hehehe....tell the person i bring back Sg...they packet in another packaging.......

↡ Advertisement

AS CNY is coming, AVA issue warning of buying Bak Kwa from MY. Nipah virus outbreak in MY was almost 10 years ago. if consumption of pork from MY is not safe, then many in MY would have been infected.I'm wondering why and when the ban will be lifted. IMO I think the garmen is trying to help local bak kwa vendor to make huge profit. (Price can increase daily as CNY come nearer, can go up to more than $40 per kg) in return they can collect more taxes from them. In time of inflation, the garmen should help to keep prices down and not help them profitering .Would like to hear from bros/sis your comment.

From news, the price may goes up to $50 per KG. This is crazy.

How much is malaysia Bak Kwa selling per KG during CNY period?

Neutral Newbie

anybody has the update on the price at Wo Lai Ye? Got it last year, not bad reviews leh from my gf's family and my own family :)

Dun waste time go find the location of the bak kwa.

Juz go the new shopping centre KSL CITY, juz opp holiday plaza.

There now got all the different brands of bak kwa fair. From Lim Chee Guan to wo lai ye.... Even got 美珍香, 香味 there.

At least 8 different stalls & shops selling bak kwa there. Can taste the best 1 b4 u buy. ^_^

Edited by Yellowrx8

Take care Bro... you all neber watch tonite news...now festive cumming, they super on the ball...... later kena ask to throw or need to swallow that 5kg of bak kwa you just bought on the spot.... [rolleyes]

Today watch tv news.

Even you packet your lunch from Malaysia also kena check.

If you buy fried rice, sure kena thrown away. No eggs allowed in what ever form.

I wonder Malaysia female bring in their overies will kena cut away or not.

Neutral Newbie

Jus came back with 3 kg,put on back seat,they only look look see see then wave me on.

bought from which shop? wo lai ye? Price? If dun wanna post here can PM me bro [laugh]

Paiseh, late reply. It is Xin Dong Fang (New Eastern)

Any update on the price now?

Hi all paiseh in the end din go search for Lim Chee Guan coz was busy finding other food sources, bought at 新东方too...gotten their promotion and bought 2kg. Their banner was still up when I went in yesterday night, but the shop was closed as it was 10pm already. Not sure if they still prolong the promotion of buy 1kg free half kg. Their best seller is the chilli bak kwa which sells out real fast so have to grab in the morning. [flowerface]

Yeah over there lots of bak kwa stalls, saw LCG makeshift stalls there too, but somehow abit sceptical coz duno where does the meat comes from [sweatdrop], if anything cannot find them after CNY liao...at least I bought from the shophouse there which is more trustworthy. [grin]post-51509-1295947938_thumb.jpg

Btw bros here if go Jusco remember to buy the Sing Long Lou Hei also, currently selling at promotional price of RM$17.88 (SGD$7.50). Over here in SG sells for $12+. [knife]post-51509-1295947836_thumb.jpg

AS CNY is coming, AVA issue warning of buying Bak Kwa from MY. Nipah virus outbreak in MY was almost 10 years ago. if consumption of pork from MY is not safe, then many in MY would have been infected.I'm wondering why and when the ban will be lifted. IMO I think the garmen is trying to help local bak kwa vendor to make huge profit. (Price can increase daily as CNY come nearer, can go up to more than $40 per kg) in return they can collect more taxes from them. In time of inflation, the garmen should help to keep prices down and not help them profitering .Would like to hear from bros/sis your comment.

blaming the govt again?

Today new paper there's an article that mentioned Malaysia seller using fake packaging. Which means the one you bought may not be that brand after all

the problem with most sgporeans is.........

they know it is not legal, they know the govt close 1 eye............ both sides happy

but then these people got to brag and let the whole world know... then govt will have to clamp down...

pls lar.... if you know it is not legal.... at least dun say it so open......

↡ Advertisement