When will ban be lifted for Bak Kwa from MY

Diehardsu

I saw "I come too" selling at KSL for 81/kg

Wah price went up liao??? I was at KSL two weeks ago and price was ard RM60-70+ per kg. Tempted to buy but scared kena caught so not to risk. Just bought the normal goodies.

Wah price went up liao??? I was at KSL two weeks ago and price was ard RM60-70+ per kg. Tempted to buy but scared kena caught so not to risk. Just bought the normal goodies.

and thats the cheaper one. Those whole piece meat type cost more than 100/kg

Dont ask how I know. I have kill u if u probe further. :D

All our live pigs come from a farm near to Batam, Indo. SG govt and Indon govt signed a treaty to allow SG to have our own farm there. These live pigs are are shipped to SG almost daily except for mon or sun, I cant recall.

These pigs are killed, cleaned and inspected by AVA and then auctioned off by AVA. You can see this process from one of mediacorp produced program starring Lee Guo Huang.

BTW, all these bak kwa are not fresh pork hor. These pork are imported, some from China also, six mths to one year ago!!! And they store them in huge refrigerator. They will invite AVA to these refrigerator to take sample for testing b4 they process it for the CNY bak kwa season.

I think it is because AVA wana control the import of pork into SG so they limit it to only a few sources.

I hope the farms are owned by the Singapore government or a GLC so that at the end of the day, besides food security, the profits and benefits will flow down to Singaporeans and our future generations.

I hope the farms are owned by the Singapore government or a GLC so that at the end of the day, besides food security, the profits and benefits will flow down to Singaporeans and our future generations.

They are GLC, cannot be owned directly by SG govt. It is afterall Indon land. :D

there is no human right in this land...they control wat we eat, speak, watch, listen, drink...etc etc, maybe one day they will tell us wat to sh*t !!!!!! [bigcry]

there is no human right in this land...they control wat we eat, speak, watch, listen, drink...etc etc, maybe one day they will tell us wat to sh*t !!!!!! [bigcry]

ain't that good? save us the trouble of thinking [laugh]

Any Bro here know about sending bak kwa to USA ?

I was thinking of sending over by airmail or DHL.

But not sure if it would be okay ny USA laws and whether the vacuum packed meats still edible .

Any Bro here know about sending bak kwa to USA ?

I was thinking of sending over by airmail or DHL.

But not sure if it would be okay ny USA laws and whether the vacuum packed meats still edible .

Food Products (Prepared)

You may bring bakery items and certain cheeses into the United States. The APHIS Web site features a Travelers Tips section and Game and Hunting Trophies section that offers extensive information about bringing food and other products into the U.S. Many prepared foods are admissible. However, bush meat made from African wildlife and almost anything containing meat products, such as bouillon, soup mixes, etc., is not admissible. As a general rule, condiments, vinegars, oils, packaged spices, honey, coffee and tea are admissible. Because rice can often harbor insects, it is best to avoid bringing it into the United States. Some imported foods are also subject to requirements of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

CBP USA

Edited by Happily1986

hows the bak kwa market like in JB this year? No one posting abt the prices location whatsoever [laugh]

SHould remain the same as previous years...slight increase during CNY but not as crazy as SG here...average around RM$68-$80 depending on brands.

My favourite always have promo buy 1kg free half kg..per kg around RM$72 so about SG$20+ calculated with FOC throw in. Where to get such price here?? :D

Lots of brands there, 我来也, 龙记,新东方, and our usual 美珍香 and 香味, as well as other unknown brands selling near to popular foodie areas frequented by SGreans. They are selling at lower price but buy at your own risks la. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

sgp bak kwa price is the killer lor, been patronizing JB bak kwa for the past 2,3 years, this year must find time go in n buy!!!!!!!!!! Fan of 我来也 [laugh]

Just bought from Bee Cheng Hiang factory outlet. price is $43.20/kg after discount. retail price in normal outlets is $45/kg.

Seems like whereever we go and whatever we buy locally, there is a recurring theme of "price control"

Being a consumer here in SGP sucks.

Edited by Happily1986

Just bought from Bee Cheng Hiang factory outlet. price is $43.20/kg after discount. retail price in normal outlets is $45/kg.

Seems like whereever we go and whatever we buy locally, there is a recurring theme of "price control"

Being a consumer here in SGP sucks.

The factory outlet at Woodlands Terrace there? or izzit Xiang Wei brand?

I feel that SG version are much thicker so if eat more tends to hurt the teeth and jaws tired[laugh]

I like those minced meat type and will usually cut them into small square pieces and drip some manuka honey into it...yummy!! :wub:^_^

The factory outlet at Woodlands Terrace there? or izzit Xiang Wei brand?

I feel that SG version are much thicker so if eat more tends to hurt the teeth and jaws tired[laugh]

I like those minced meat type and will usually cut them into small square pieces and drip some manuka honey into it...yummy!! :wub:^_^

bee cheng hiang. not at woodlands terrace, that one alongside with fasslers' and all is Fragrance. bch is located further up nearer to senoko power station.

↡ Advertisement