Nissan Cefiro JK or Sylphy 2.0?

Matix

Neutral Newbie

Looking for a second hand one option, I found that prices for 2006 cars available are almost the same. Is it a no brainer to get the Cefiro? Or some advantage with Sylphy?

Edited by Matix
↡ Advertisement

Well..

THe main reason why Sylphy is NOT domineering the market so well, is that, because

Firstly,

The SYLPHY 1.5, is more expensive than the Latio Premium 1.5, by about 6k if i m not wrong, But it offers a new look, and in terms of interior wise, it's abit better.

But take note, the 1.5 DOESNT have the Plasma cluster Ion that the Latio has.. Only available in the Sylphy 2.0. So Sylphy 1.5, selling pt, is not so there, imho.

Other things like, too ugly stock rims, and the same engine as a Latio 1.5, that's why, it doesnt make sense to get the 1.5 Sylphy. i mean, IMHO.

for the Sylphy 2.0, it's prices about a few k lower than the Cefiro 200JK, but as we all know, Nissan engineers made the Cefiro in such a way, where, Advant-garde, existed OUTSIDE of a Merc Brochure. The Cefiro styling, is similr to that of GS300. That's why it has the very executive sedan look. Luxurious too !

But in my opinion, I feel that the 200JK is more worth it for the extra few k you pay.

But now I think 2006 cefiro, the price is quite okay.. let the 1st owner depreciate themost lah...

But overall, It's up to your choice and preference. If you prefer sylphy over cefiro, go ahead. =]

But beware of LOW mileage cars ... a 2006 car, with mileage of 9k, or even 12k, is rubbish. By now, it would have at least travelled at least 20k.

To be on the safe side.

So bro, if you have to limit yourself to either sYLPHY or cefiro 200jk, then i would say 200jk.

But if we play with english, lol, and you have to choose between cefiro and sylphy, i would say CEFIRO 230JM. Its a pure sweeeeeet vee six!

Edited by Latioboy

hey bro, i think its gonna be a better option to get the 230JM instead.

as for cefiro and sylphy i think the cefiro is a better choice, in terms of spaciousness and comfort level.

my family used to have the 230JM. it was a good work horse for us for the past 3 years. except our OVERUSED the car. 120+ k in slightly more den 2.5 years. [:/]

[drivingcar]

Neutral Newbie

Yes, seems that 2006 JM or JK not much difference in price. I think the JM drinks a bit more than the JK. And there is the road tax too. So only comparing JK and Sylphy 2.0

I would not get eirther unless its a 3 year old well maintaned Cefiro sell @ scrap price. Cos new model coming soon. As for Sylphy, resale would be really poor down the road i feel, which is usual for most nissan models.

yUP. thats pretty true. but well, undernearth the bonnet is a V6. and im pretty sure the engine produces a little more kick den the 200JK.

so for me, my vote goes to the 230JM.

actually i feel that we have slightly more 230JMs on the road den the 200JKs.

the drive is totally different i would say...why not test drive both the JK and JM to get a good feel of both cars? [thumbsup]

Just to report.

When my mom had the 200JK, and 100% city driving, we averaged 6.5 to 8.

Now with the 230JM, think smoother engine, better response, we are averaging 7.8 to 9 for 100% city.

With 20% highway involved, we achieved 9.5 before.

Mind you, that my mom is quite a heavy footer. =]

Yeah.

Just reporting figures.

yEah

New cefiro is coming this year.

New cefiro, think pricing would be around 90 plus to 100.. i assume... looking at how they priced the current cefiro, when it was first launched , in EOY 2003.

Yeah.. but then, the coe then was high..

Well, Look at the accord 2008? It's 100k for a 2.4 litre.. way too high i feel.

Neutral Newbie

Hm... this is interesting. I may lean towards JM then, with higher road tax. Well, when are the new models coming in? I can wait a bit longer and maybe get a 2007 instead of 2006 JM at a good price!

You mean get a 2007 Cefiro, not the NEW cefiro, meaning a younger car? There are some 2007 cefiro's already for sale !

Check out sgcarmart lor.

Think New model of cefiro, should be Q1 or Q2...

Most prob, its either driven by taitai, who drives it to nearby NTUC once a week? Or... It's the dealer that altered the mileage.

OR.... Its an accident car, which was considered total loss, that spent half its lifetime aka 1.5 yeears, in the workshop repairing. look at the price. If its lower and way way lower than cars ard its same age, its accident car=]

Or you can consider this whie beauty.

Pearl white for Cefiro is realllly cool !

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2ILHXnX-1257.html

Price is alright.

Edited by Latioboy

Neutral Newbie

This is above budget. Have to get things back to perspective. Came here thinking of JK or the Sylphy 2.0, now thinking of a JM!! Really nobody has anything good to say about the Sylphy 2.0? [shakehead][shakehead]

New Cefiro is still in concept stage (known as Intima at recent car shows, looks a lot like CLS) and production model will probably make its appearance earliest by mid or late this year.

http://www.autoincar.com/nissan-intima-concept-goes-the-next-2008-teana-gallery/ ://http://www.autoincar.com/nissan-int...teana-gallery/ ://http://www.autoincar.com/nissan-int...teana-gallery/ ://http://www.autoincar.com/nissan-int...teana-gallery/ ://http://www.autoincar.com/nissan-int...teana-gallery/ ://http://www.autoincar.com/nissan-int...teana-gallery/

If you were just to compare JK and Sylphy2.0, I would say JK is the better buy. Definitely more luxurious, spacious and better specs. And it definitely looks more expensive than most 2.0L cars out there, almost a conti look.

Putting FC aside (in the first place, FC won't be a major concern for 2L car buyers anyway), JK will give you better ride and resale value if you sell or export it next time.

Sylphy in my opinion, whether 1.5 or 2.0, cannot make a impact here in Singapore as it's neither here nor there. Unless 2.0 is priced at about 65-70k (new car), then it will make sense. Otherwise, it is just another stop-gap model to freshen the market a bit before their main stream cars are available.

Cefiro is my choice, whether 2.0 or 2.3L.

I got Mz6 instead as it was about 20k cheaper than JK when I bought it last year. If not JK would have been my ideal car for comfort and size at a reasonable price.

BTW, low mileage cars do exists...I only clock about 12k now for 10months usage as I mostly work from home... [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Silveratenza

haha. sorry bro, but definitely the 230JM for me man.

the premium is pretty small over the JK. but the WOW factor is there for sure.

test drive both cars to have a good idea. [inlove][inlove][inlove]

the new teana is lovely!