• below $10,000
    • $10,000 to $12,000
    • $12,001 to $14,000
    • $14,001 to $16,000
    • $16,001 to $18,000
    • $18,001 to $20,000
    • more than $20,000

Neutral Newbie

I am starting this on behalf of brothers like Ahyoo2002 who are interested to discuss how the COE results will unfold.. Please vote what you think will be the next Cat B result... thank you! smile.gif

COE Open Bidding

Next COE Open Bidding Exercise Starts on 21/01/2008 12:00 hrs, Ends on 23/01/2008 16:00 hrs

The COE Quota available for next Bidding Exercise

A Car (1600cc & below) &Taxi 2,231

B Car (Above 1600 cc) 1,144

C Goods Vehicle & Bus 349

D Motorcycle 443

E Open 1,169

Factors why COE price will go up

- Talks about reduction of COE quota in 2008: lower supply causes COE price to climb

- Some people do last minute purchase of cars for Chinese New Year

- Some industries getting fat bonuses due to good performance in 2007. These people will tend to buy or change cars.

- Many people buying New Fit 2008 (cat A)

- Road tax likely to decrease slightly in 2008

Factors why COE price will fall

- govt announces plan to shift people towards public transport by making mrt and buses more accessible and higher frequency.

- govt's plan to set up more ERP gantries islandwide, starting with 5 new ERP gantries (Toa Payoh among them). Also will likely extend timing and rates.

- increase bus lanes and more penalties for cars using bus lanes inappropriately: more inconveniences and jams to car users.

- Increasing petrol cost

- Increasing insurance cost

- Increasing summons amounts (for speeding)

- Increasing frequency of pontianaks for parking fines.

- Recession just confirmed in USA, likely to affect macroeconomics of Asia region in 2008.

- Taxi drivers' business affected by brainless increase in taxi fare. Double whammy when govt just announced plans to move people to bus and mrt from taxi and cars. Taxi drivers will "eat grass" liao. Expect lesser taxi bidding for COE in future.

- Many car dealers cannot promise car delivery before Chinese New Year if bidding for coming COE exercise.

- Some anticipated cars like new Altis not available yet

Disclaimer: above factors are not exhaustive and are listed for further discussions.

↡ Advertisement

price will be lower. The reduced quota is not announced yet, so will not cause mad rush this time yet.

In fact the buying sentiments seem normal as no BIG news yet. Assuming 2 weeks period, the demand should be normal.

Most get their bonus in Dec, so the bonus driven demand should be there still.

I will try to self bid for my Coe tomorow.

I predict it to be below 10k.

Wah, you wake up so early to write such an long post [:p] Must be anxious about you new ride [laugh]

Although your thread is on Cat B, sbut some of the factors that you highlight is more for cat A [laugh]

Anyway, look to me very quiet now. So likely my bet for Cat B will be down a bit at $14k+.

As for Cat A, likey maintain or drop a bit as Altis is not here yet [:p]

COE is like stock market, the new quota is not annouce yet so everyone know that COE quota will be reduce, so annouce or not is not an issue anymore.

Edited by Ahyoo2002

Neutral Newbie

You started the previous rounds of COE bidding thread, mah... so I put one for you first laugh.gif

Neutral Newbie
can include CAT A discussion and prediction too ? laugh.gif

You can discuss about cat A also but I am more interested abt cat B.

I have ordered stream with 1 bid guaranteed, rebate at $16k. So every dollar below $16k for next round cat B COE will mean one dollar saved. Personally I think it will be ard $14k, but the lower the better. smile.gif

Neutral Newbie
price will be lower. The reduced quota is not announced yet, so will not cause mad rush this time yet.

In fact the buying sentiments seem normal as no BIG news yet. Assuming 2 weeks period, the demand should be normal.

Most get their bonus in Dec, so the bonus driven demand should be there still.

I will try to self bid for my Coe tomorow.

I predict it to be below 10k.

Below $10k, I like inlove.gif

but highly impossible for next round... after CNY maybe

Neutral Newbie
Wah, you wake up so early to write such an long post tongue.gif Must be anxious about you new ride laugh.gif

Although your thread is on Cat B, sbut some of the factors that you highlight is more for cat A laugh.gif

Anyway, look to me very quiet now. So likely my bet for Cat B will be down a bit at $14k+.

As for Cat A, likey maintain or drop a bit as Altis is not here yet tongue.gif

Yeah man I am very excited abt it. Counting down to car collection day! bounce1.gif

Think abt the money I can get from car pool... 6 x $100 per month = $600 potential earnings! drivingcar.gifgrouphug.gif

Neutral Newbie

I got a few colleagues staying around my area thinking abt it. From Serangoon to tanjong pagar area...

but the hard thing is timing coordination.. morning people tend to be late, and i hate to wait

Neutral Newbie

yeah alot of rumors, the 2008 version not much diff from 2006 version. the next earliest is likely in 2009