Don't fill gas for your car on 24 January 2008

Ender

I received this chain mail from my email. I thought it's good idea if everybody could do participate and hopefully 'hurt' the petrol company on that day.

Email as below,

Let's do it - Don't fill petrol on 24 JANUARY 2008

Hi everybody,

Petrol in Pakistan Rs 17 per liter

Malaysia Rs 18 per liter

In India it's 51 per liter

Why this difference in Asia itself? World Market CRUDE Oil is not the reason for this. It's all Gain for private owners. As we are the general public, or Common Man as R.K.Laxman wud have said, we have to raise our voice, let's rise thru Emails.

IT HAS BEEN CALCULATED THAT IF EVERYONE DID NOT PURCHASE A DROP OF PETROL FOR ONE DAY AND ALL AT THE SAME TIME, THE OIL COMPANIES WOULD CHOKE ON THEIR STOCKPILES.

AT THE SAME TIME IT WOULD HIT THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY WITH A NET LOSS OVER 4.6 BILLION DOLLARS WHICH AFFECTS THE BOTTOM LINES OF THE OIL COMPANIES.

THEREFORE "24th JANUARY " HAS BEEN FORMALLY DECLARED "STICK IT UP THEIR BEHIND "DAY AND THE PEOPLE OF THIS NATION SHOULD NOT BUY A SINGLE DROP OF PETROL THAT DAY.

THE ONLY WAY THIS CAN BE DONE IS IF YOU FORWARD THIS E-MAIL TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS YOU CAN AND AS QUICKLY AS YOU CAN TO GET THE WORD OUT. WAITING ON THE GOVERNMENT TO STEP IN AND CONTROL THE PRICES IS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN. WHAT HAPPENED TO THE REDUCTION AND CONTROL IN PRICES THAT THE ARAB NATIONS PROMISED TWO WEEKS AGO?

REMEMBER ONE THING, NOT ONLY IS THE PRICE OF PETROL GOING UP BUT AT THE SAME TIME AIRLINES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES,

TRUCKING COMPANIES ARE FORCED TO RAISE THEIR PRICES WHICH AFFECTS PRICES ON EVERYTHING THAT IS SHIPPED. THINGS LIKE FOOD, CLOTHING, BUILDING SUPPLIES MEDICAL SUPPLIES ETC. WHO PAYS IN THE END? WE DO!

WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.IF THEY DON'T GET THE MESSAGE AFTER ONE DAY, WE WILL DO IT AGAIN AND AGAIN. SO DO YOUR PART AND SPREAD THE WORD. FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO EVERYONE YOU KNOW. MARK YOUR CALENDARS AND MAKE 24 JANUARY A DAY THAT THE CITIZENS SAY "ENOUGH IS ENOUGH".

We forward so many junk email to many of our friends, now let us do it for some useful cause to cut down the price of the petrol........[/b]

REMEMBER: JANUARY 24, 2008.... NO Petrol Day...!

Please "Think Of It ...............

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

This email has also been circulating in other countries, like thailand. So hope the other countries can contribute and compensate what S'pore might lack in actions

For me, no problem, coz I'm overseas anyway, can't top up at all [laugh]

Edited by Ender

Turbocharged

very funny leh, so even if every1 cooperate, there will be queue of people pumping on 23 Jan because of travel needs. defeats the purpose? [hur]

I seriously don't mind not topping up petrol on that specific day. But what about the day after that? I am sure even if all the petrol stations in the world closed for a day, they will reaped enormous profit that next day. This is not a solution for the long term. There are huge issues associated with capitalism that in this globalized world we can do nothing about. Let's pray...

if we had on PURPOSE filled up our tank after receiving notice to this suggested boycott, then of cos we're being hypocritical... fact is, we've already topped up prior to knowing this intented boycott... so how bro?

Rather then shoot down TS, of cos we would support him mah. Either way, there is no way me and the rest can top up on 24 Jan

chill man chill!

Haiz...come on, do you think the petrol companies will feel the pinch? [sleeping] think again, the amout of trouble they go thru to operate here only contribute to less than 0.1% of their global profit. If you make them angry, they close down all the gas station and all car have to go JB to top up..imagine the madness... furthermore the garment will lose millions of dollars in petrol tax...imagine wat will happen to our economy? what will happen to our currency?? manybe Rm1 to S$1.5 only? what we need to do is to take over the middle east oil rich nation!!!! mother nature gave us resources!! we are they to make our lives evolve around them, they are the legalised terrorist!!!

Edited by Sfrtuscani

Ok, I will do it - no petrol for me on 24 Jan.

I just top up today, shld be able to last. if not just endure for one day or take urgent leave and stay at home [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

people will start filling up b4 or after 24th jan doesn't it defeat the purpose? y not try to fill up in a station(lets say SPC) than we boycott the rest isnt it more effective?

↡ Advertisement