Demerit Points - Advise Needed

Chuapcd

wah~ i like to know how much he excceeded to get 24pts sia [sweatdrop] ...and i think u using the word suspend here is not correct...think the better word wld b kan tong aka revoke [lipsrsealed]

↡ Advertisement

I noticed a lot of WRX doing this on 70km/h road. This is terribly irresponsible and a nuisance to others.

these days i see people speeding everywhere at any speed. pretty common i must say. it can happen anywhere anytime.

just last Friday evening 10pm i was driving on AMK ave 6 towards marymount road. it's a 70km/h road. i was in the middule lane driving at 75-80km/h. then i saw a white car was approaching me at incredible speed from behind. he then passed me from my left. it was a white subary legacy. his speed was at least 130km/h. then just a few minutes later, a wrx passing me from right. even faster. think at least 150km/h. i even didnt have a chance to see him from rear mirror. what's the penalty like if they got caught? hmm...

this could only be seen in malaysia years ago but nowadays, seems people dont take care of their license...

Yes..i hope so too. A danger to pedestrians too.

Personally I hope he's not back on the roads for quite a while.

He's a danger to himself and to us.

Hi,

I have a friend already rec'd 18 demerit points and he got another 24 points today for speeding (speed camera) meaning total 42 points, can someone let me know how long will be the suspension ? And how much he will likely be fined? Anyway, he could escape suspend? Thanks in advance.

Well your friend is really good.

Have 18 on the records still not scared.

I have pending 12points and court case this Feb, now drive also dont dare to drive fast.

I have checked for my case the fine is anything from SGD240 onwards and up till SGD3000.

And i have a clean record previously.

As for your friend, wish him good luck is the only thing you can do now.

yeah, unless there is a thingy that is able to identify if the testee is a ex-revoked driver.

I think there is a system to do just that.

My brother got revoked and when he went to re-take the whole thing.

Basic theory alone, he took 9 times before he pass.

[nod] Many drove without a licence [shocked]

My fren's father kena demerit until he owes TP so many points liao still driving happily on the road cos the stupid system cannot catch up with him, i.e., he hadn't attend court yet so he dun care and continue to drive [shakehead]

16yo sec sch char boh driving u believe?

Another one is licence kantong still driving happily. [dizzy]

Hi,

I have a friend already rec'd 18 demerit points and he got another 24 points today for speeding (speed camera) meaning total 42 points, can someone let me know how long will be the suspension ? And how much he will likely be fined? Anyway, he could escape suspend? Thanks in advance.

Your 'friend' should have his license revoked. Never learnt 'his' lesson even after 18 points..unimpressed.gif

Neutral Newbie
Hi,

wow, i guess the only way for him to learn his lesson is to revoke his license.

Trust me, this will save his live and others too.

I also received a warning letter from TP saying I exceeded by 15km/h. Very heng never kenna fine and demerit points lipsrsealed.gif Was worried for these few days... Next time will only exceed by a bit.... sly.gif

Since we are on this topic, refer to below for the price list of TP Menu:

Speeding:

Exceeding 1 - 20km/h = $130 + 4 demerit points.

Exceeding 21 - 30km/h = $150 + 6 demerit points.

Exceeding 31 - 40km/h = $180 + 8 demerit points.

Exceeding 41 - 50km/h = >$200 + 12 demerit points + Court.

Exceeding 51 - 60km/h = >$200 + 18 demerit points + Court.

Exceeding >61km/h = >$200 + 24 demerit points + Court.

If you want to be hero and fight the court case yourself, and you lose, you pay the court charges yourself, which will add up to your fine.

I guess the court charges is at least $200 and above.

Careless driving = $150 + 6 demerit Points.

Inconsiderate Driving = $170 + 9 Demerit Points + Court.

Dangerous Driving = >$200 + 24 Demerit Points + Court + Vehicle Compounded

Illegal Racing = >$200 + Vehicle Confiscate + Court

Fail to put Seat Belt = $120 + 3 demerit points.

Crossing Double White lines = $130 + 4 points.

Phone and Drive = $200 + 12 demerit point + Phone Confiscate. Do not hold your hp in your hand when you drive even with loud speaker or ear piece.

Drink Driving

For first offence. = Up to $5000 Fine and, or jail Term + License Suspended + Court.

2nd time offence = Jail term + Fine + Court.

Making an illegal U Turn when there's no U Turn sign = $70.

Fail to Signal when changing lanes = $70.

Driving at night without headlights or taillights switch on after 7pm = $30.

No Number Plate = $70

Obstructed Number Plate = $70.

Obscured Number Plate = $70.

Number Plate Of Unapproved Type = $70.

As for Demerit Point system:

Let's say you have 0 points on 1st January 2005, and you committed the offence of Failing to Put on Seat Belt. So now, you will have 3 demerit points and this will last for 1 Year. If during this 1 year you have no demerit points offence at all, your 3 demerit points will be gone on

1/1/2006. But, if during this one year, From 1/1/2005 - 1/1/2006, you committed another offence with demerit points, your very first offence

will be extended for another year until 1/1/2007 .

Hi,

You friend is very reckless, kenna dangerous driving, that's why 24 points. He should be castrated, not only suspended [scholar]

You can advise your friend to spend the coming 1 year taking public transport and reflecting on his action.

After all is done, take his basic theory, higher theory then driving lessions, and hopefully pass his driving test in 1 attempt and drive responsibly in the future.

[drivingcar]

I think that the suspension is 3 months, but if you attend a 1 day retraing program its 1 month. But thats in the final theory handbook. But the courts got a lot of powers, they can make driving ban a long time.

Your friend got 18 points for speeding? And he got another 24 for speeding? That means that he was speeding by more then 60 km over speed limit. Where did he get caught? KPE?

For this kind of case, the fine is determined by the court, but I think its either max 3,000 or 5,000