Oil at $86 now...Petrol cartel so quiet?

Dankoo

Neutral Newbie

I think someone had given the reason in another thread sometime ago.

Though the price is at $86 now, the petrol u pump NOW was bought sometime ago.

I mean the system dun work like fish market whereby u buy now, sell to the market on the same day.

So, bear with it. . . wait...

[thumbsdown][thumbsdown]

When going up...they react so fast...now when it is stabalising below $90..all so quiet... [mad]

Some Bro had mentioned in the other post that they based on the buying price 3 months back one and hence are we looking at some drop in prices for our pump these coming weeks??? [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Neutral Newbie

if 3 mths then revise pump price, then how come last year end petrol kiosks raise price once a mth, at mth end? [crazy]

if the above is true, then i will see happy faces on motorists this coming mth end. [cool]

Edited by Redfoxx

Neutral Newbie

Can we then expect the reverse, where the price hike is delayed for a number of months, since the current reserve is obtained months back?

Maybe i am mistaken, but i do note that the price hike is time wise very closely related to the rise of the current oil prices.

Ya...I know that we are buying for delivey in 3mths but as you can see...when price goes up, they quickly hike it...meaning you are buying at a price that they paid lesser now. But when price goes down...they will use this reason that price is for 3mths later to delay price reduction....

Neutral Newbie

When come to dropping of prices, they look at prices 3 month back. But when come to increasing in prices, they seems barely look 3 days. Haiz...

Edited by Patcheon

The cartel is waiting for the oil price to go back up, so they don't have to keep changing price.

In the meantime, it's make hay while the sun shines.

If the oil price remains consistently lower than $90 for a few weeks, I would expect to see gas station giving out greater discounts, although the displayed price/liter will remain the same.

if 3 mths then revise pump price, then how come last year end petrol kiosks raise price once a mth, at mth end? [crazy]

if the above is true, then i will see happy faces on motorists this coming mth end. [cool]

It's always 'Up' very fast but 'Down' freaking slow .... [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Edited by Mzrmazda3