The engine & power specifications of 10th Gen Corolla

Kelpie

1. Hi guys, just to share the info that I've gathered from a car magazine on the new Corolla specifications:

a) American version:

- 1.8L D-VVTi, 2ZR-FE, 132hp/17.7kgm, 5MT/4AT

- 2.4L VVTi, 2AZ-FE, 158/22.4, 5MT/5AT

b) China version:

- 1.6L D-VVTi, 1ZR-FE, 121/15.7, 5MT/4AT

- 1.8L D-VVTi, 2ZR-FE, 134hp/17.9kgm, 5MT/4AT

c) Euro version:

- 1.4L VVTi, 4ZZ-FE, 97/13.3, 5MT

- 1.6L D-VVTi, 1ZR-FE, 124/16.0, 5MT/5AT

- 1.4L D-4D, 1ND-TV, 90/19.4, 5MT/5AT

- 2.0L D-4D, 1AD-FTV, 126/30.6, 6MT

d) Taiwan version:

- 1.6L VVTi, 3ZZ-FE, 110/14.9, 4AT (Old Altis engine)

- 1.8L D-VVTi, 2ZR-FE, 134hp/17.9kgm, 4AT

2. It seems like SG market probably follow the Taiwanese market in term of spec. All cars have standard dimension, 4540x1760mm and the wheelbase is 2600mm.

From what I've read, they are predicting 80% chance that Toyota may introduce a Corolla 2.0L in view that Civic, Lancer, Mazda 3 & etc have 2.0 offering. They are likely to use the old 1AZ-FE(147hp/19.4kgm) engine from the proven Camry 2.0 if realized.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie
↡ Advertisement

China version: is the most reasonable one [thumbsup]

- 1.6L D-VVTi, 1ZR-FE, 121/15.7, 5MT/4AT

- 1.8L D-VVTi, 2ZR-FE, 134hp/17.9kgm, 5MT/4AT

if Singapore can import this version, i will dump civic go for that [:p]

It was explained that Taiwan is getting the old Altis engine for 1.6L model because 1.6L class is no longer a mainstream segment in their market. Pressumably, they are expecting more sales from their 1.8L instead.

Regards,

(edited)
It is already confirmed long ago that Singapore will not get the D-VVTi engines. It will be the same engine as Altis 1.6 and 1.8

Even for the 1.8L? what a smart move. Anyway, Singaporean will still buy lah. To some, new engine or old engine doesn't matter, so long it is a Toyota.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

It is already confirmed long ago that Singapore will not get the D-VVTi engines. It will be the same engine as Altis 1.6 and 1.8

It sure sucks man [:|]

Jus like during the ES series for Civics, some countries get the DOHC version ... [:|]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

u ask borneo lor...

they always squeeze maximum $$ while stuffing u with lower end specs.

at least when the old lancer used old engine, the price reflected that. now u paying premium for "new" model.

I rather get the civic if i have to shell out that kind of money.

It is not necessary what is reported is true. It depends on what Toyota will produce in Thailand 4 d region. If d whole region is getting D-VVTi, we r getting D-VVTi. Tis is not something BM can control. It is basically decided either @ Toyota Motor Asia Pacific or @ Toyota Jp.

4 for those who r interested, keep urself updated wif tis URL:

http://www.toyota.co.th/red/th/index.asp

c) Euro version:

- 1.4L VVTi, 4ZZ-FE, 97/13.3, 5MT

- 1.6L D-VVTi, 1ZR-FE, 124/16.0, 5MT/5AT

- 1.4L D-4D, 1ND-TV, 90/19.4, 5MT/5AT

- 2.0L D-4D, 1AD-FTV, 126/30.6, 6MT

Is this a diesel engine?

The old Altis 1.6 and 1.8 engine is not bad-lah. Look at Proton, they are still using the 1990s engine from Mitsubitshi. But of course D-VVT-i is better.

Not bad is one thing. How to compare a small shop like Proton with one of the leading car manufacturer in the world? IMHO, Proton have more product line-up and not be contended with selling mainly small compact sedan or hatchback.

Regards,

Neutral Newbie

we are trained to accept.... no fish prawn also can. [lipsrsealed] Hope the Altis sales drop further till BM LL to bring in the Dual VVTi. [sunny] Before the facelift of the rear seat old Altis 1.6 which cannot be fold, maybe due to high demand BM bring foldable rear seat. Hope Dual VVTi will be on the facelift if their sales down further. [nod]

BM sales wouldnt drop, unless the brand and the image is not TOYOTA.

I think their direction is very clear..that is mass production of no frill and reliable car for the conservative family man. Sure sell.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement