Rare sights of Shanghai in 50 years..

Xxer

Since the CNY is round the corner, and hv a bit of time in the office, I thot I will share some photos with fellow sporeans.

Photos taken at my apartment's garden..

Longest running snow (3days, 3 nites) since 1964..

Heaviest snow storm (14cm thick) since 1991..

I slipped and fell last nite outside my home [bigcry] , damn bloody cold, ice kachang everywhere... [shakehead]

post-15-1201676535_thumb.jpg

post-15-1201676536_thumb.jpg

post-15-1201676537_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

This is my third yr in China liao... Last winter everyone was hoping to see snow, but it didnt. This yr we thot it's gonna be another warm winter... alas, I guess we pray too hard, snow big time! [laugh]

Now I just hope my flight this Fri will not be affected. I'm going home! [thumbsup]

Wow [shocked][shocked][shocked]

You must have known many China mei meis ... [sly][sly][sly]

Jus joking [laugh][laugh][laugh]

I was there on Dec 2006 and the tour guide told us might get to see snow but in the end 'Boh' [:/][:/][:/]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

hmmm..so is there any global warming? [rolleyes]

Global warming does not mean that everywhere will get warmer. Unusual weather like this in fact reiterates that the increase of co2 excreted by human activity in fact warms the oceans causing excessive evaporation, which eventually settle down as snow or rain depending of the prevailing temperature. Hence we will see more flooding in wet place, & more drought in dry places.

Its a fact that the sea levels are rising 3mm each year due to Global warming. So in 100 years we will all need boats provided we r still alive hehe but in 50 years I think those Sentosa Cove , Marina Bay, Tanjung Rhu, Marine Parade areas may be under water. So dont buy those ppts [laugh] .

You must be outta your mind! If kenna snowed in is very miserable. Go out, too cold. Stay home, spend money (using heater). Do nothing. TV boring. No woman lagi worse. Somebody told me, go have winter sports, I say siao! If it goes below 20, you can die even with warm clothes. Few SGers know how dangerous winter weather can be.

[laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh][laugh]

I only like the scenary niah ... [gossip][gossip][gossip]

If hide in the house, definately must have charbor to 'Lam' else can drop the idea [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

That's rite! Winter is no fun for adults... Hv to wear 3 layers of clothes, scarve, gloves etc.

Only kids enjoy playing wif snow..

There r generally 2 types of winter in China. South of Yangtze and North of it. In the north, where temperature is -20deg to -7deg outdoors, it feels very warm indoors. One can literally remove theirs clothes when step indoor. B'cos of the central heating system, air is not dry.

In the south, like Shanghai, temperature rarely drops below -5deg. But b'cos there's no central heating, it "feel" colder, even indoors. If we switch on aircon, the air gets very dry.

Personally, I prefer the north. 4 seasons r very distinct.

2nd pic.... after 2 days of snow..

on the top left corner is the start of Nanjing West Rd, the SHA equivalent of our Orchard Rd.. [flowerface]

post-15-1201749805_thumb.jpg

You must be outta your mind! If kenna snowed in is very miserable. Go out, too cold. Stay home, spend money (using heater). Do nothing. TV boring. No woman lagi worse. Somebody told me, go have winter sports, I say siao! If it goes below 20, you can die even with warm clothes. Few SGers know how dangerous winter weather can be.

Strange, I must be one of those who feel "hot" during winter. I can't stand even a bit of heat, but I can take cold. My house must be air-con 24 hours a day if not, I can't take it.

In LA when it was around 12 degrees, I was wearing T-shirt walking around but everyone else wear like the Michellin man....

Am I abnormal? [blush]

Edited by Starry