Recommend shop in sim lim sq to add notebook ram

Ruggles

Neutral Newbie

Hi need to add 1gb of ddr2 ram for my notebook. Intend to do at sim lim sq. Anyone can recommend a shop to me? And wat is e approximate price 4 1gb of ddr2? Anyone added ram recently pls welcome to feedback too. Tks

↡ Advertisement

just buy and diy lor... but most of the notebook shops will b will to help u provided they r free. tat means if u head to one shop packed with customers, such added service which is usually FOC r not likely to happen.

anyway, read ur manual and u sud b able to find tat installation is beri simple as long as u follow the steps, check it clip on nicely in the right direction.

Supercharged

cos my notebook very old, i got no choice but to go back to fujitsu.

they charge me $214 inclusive of gst for 1024mb ddr 333 ram.

Wow, challenge for you, you need to search around, notebook ram is sensitive, you need to check your notebook model before purchase, most likely you ended up with kingston ram, which is cheaper than original from manufacturer.

Happy hunting!!!

[sunny]

actually for DDR333, u almost cant find anywhere le... u can get DDR400 too... it's compatible, trust me... u wan i can meetup wif u and fix for u too... :)

btw, the shop in sls selling the cheapest rams is "best bargain" at 5th floor... get out of the lift and turn left walk straight all the way, you should be able to see it...

PS: DDR1 rams are expensive now meaning those DDR333 and DDR400 rams... DDR2 are dirt cheap...

try convergent, they distri for kingston.

if not, try cybermind.. i love the Cosair brands....

Check the speed of ram you need.

Also, most notebooks have 1-2 slots.. and most already filled up.. means, you need to remove existing ram to put in new ram.... so its not "existing ram" + "new 1 gb" = new ram size...

u better pray that ur rams or any thing u got from convergent don't break down... that's once i got to bring a CF card back to them... the technical guy + customer service gal face black marchiam i kill their whole family and feed to the tigers in the zoo. [mad]

Supercharged

okay i know i got carrot-ed but i am at their mercy cos me pc-goon got to rely on their recommendation plus like u said extinct liao.

the next round, if this notebook still usable, i will look for u. if u got fujitsu lobang must share okay.

Hi need to add 1gb of ddr2 ram for my notebook. Intend to do at sim lim sq. Anyone can recommend a shop to me? And wat is e approximate price 4 1gb of ddr2? Anyone added ram recently pls welcome to feedback too. Tks

i go to 'memory world' in funan(i think sim lim also got) prices are not cheap there but good service all this while..

I bought ram for my notebook b4 and I was told ram prices go up and down [dizzy] one. U gotto check with ppl there selling/repair notebooks to see who gives a better offer. Usually "market price" one lah. If u'r not in a hurry, just wait around for news when the price drops. [:p]

Neutral Newbie

go to sls and check out a few shops.

best to diy. it's not tough at all.

I would recommend shops with lower overheads - i always stay away from the big ones with nice lights and displays cos i want RAM not nice lights.

I have a preference to Laser for smaller items. always got a good deal there.

$30 for 1gb is DDR2 bro... he's looking for DDR333 which means it's DDR1 and it's going to obselete soon... even DDR400 oso cant withstand DDR2 cheapness liao...

fyi, i have all brands of notebooks lobang... can look for me if u wan to buy one... other computer parts i also have lobang for desktops ones...

PS: i only sell new products not those used de... so dun come and ask me for 2nd hand stuffs...

DIY computer is still the best after so many years of use... [wave]

ya mine using ddr2..iirc ddr1 now 1gb cost 80-90 when i last saw 2 months ago??but 200+ kinda quite ex...labour 100+? [dizzy]ok..mayb now up alot..since up and down v fast one [dizzy]

Edited by Freestylers09

i presume DDR1 will down a bit more for a while more b4 really obselete and DDR2 will remain while DDR3 will come into place wif affordable prices...

there goes DDR1 which will EOL... [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement