Need help on renewing lease

Mcf1

Neutral Newbie

Appreciate some kind soul here could advice me regarding renewing the lease?

My current tenant's lease due soon and they intent to renew the lease, but they do not want to involve any agent, the problem is I checked back the clause and it stated that any renew of lease will have to pay another commission to the same agent again. what should I do now?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

both of u can let the lease expired for a reasonable period of time or let some1 else take over a new agreement tat puts u legal out of position.

but hor.. dun do unto others if u dun want others to do unto you.

if u sabo lidat, wud u b happy if the reverse happen back to u?

same...

if something wrong, u can consider other places and the agent still need to attend to u like a indo maid. of cos tat being the case, hopefully she dun bring her bf for a fling whilst u were out.

lipsrsealed.gif

Neutral Newbie

I think I'll just have to notify them about the clause and see what they want to do next, I'm not going to help them save some money and get myself into trouble.

Thanks for all your kind feedback.

Happy Chinese New Year!!

My current tenant's lease due soon and they intent to renew the lease, but they do not want to involve any agent, the problem is I checked back the clause and it stated that any renew of lease will have to pay another commission to the same agent again. what should I do now?

Thanks

Why you think in straight line only?

Check the lease - made between you and the existing tenant, yes?

Let the lease expire. Get ready another lease (which incidentally looks exactly like the old one except without the agent's name).

Execute the new lease between you (or your wife, if the property is in both names) and the tenant's wife, son, dog, goldfish whatever.

Twincharged
the agent can claim the comm from you through a lawyer even if you don't involve him in the renewal. that's if he finds out.

what if there is no "renewal" or "extension" clause in the old contract ?

the agent will 100% definitely know if the current tenant continues to stay at the same place after the previous contract expires.

eg, my agent called me up just b4 my last year contract expire to ask abt the status of my flat.... then when i told her that i continue to let my tenant stay, she said we have to pay her comms becoz its considered "renewal".

btw, my contract already expired for almost 2 weeks liow, still have not sign anything.

but, of course my tenant still pays the rent lah......

renewal is not necce in writing. wat u hv done is implied terms by way of action, u confirm renewal and can b held in breach of contract knowingly of the existence of this glaring clause.

Twincharged

like i said, words like "renewal" or "extension" was never mentioned in the previous contract.

does it mean that such clauses are automatically included in a housing rental contract ?

these contractual stuff really very confusing .....

if comfortable with each other then no need contract lar.....

sounds like co-habituating to me... comfortable with each other then not need go ROM... [laugh][laugh]

Thanks

If your lease is for one year ( you normally pay the agent half mth as commission) then the 2nd year is between you and the tenant.

If you had signed a 2 year lease with the tenant then the initial commission is 1 mth to the agent. Then you can't raise your rates in the 2nd year even if the rates have changed much thereafter. The 3rd yr ( if the tenant still want to renew and remain) is between you and the tenant.

Hope that clears all your doubts. [;)]

Any other version are all craps and you should not agree to it.

Twincharged

1 yr contract - comms of half month rent ??

fwah !! last yr i sign 1 yr contract with my tenant... but the agent collected half month frm me and half month from my tenant !!

Neutral Newbie

Why don't you tell your current tenant about the agent clause and consult lawyer on what is the best decision for your situation. I hope the problem could be resolved.

↡ Advertisement