Thule roof rack owners please come in

Sgnick

Hi,

started this thread to find out more about Thule racks. Would like to request folks who have used Thule racks before to share their experiences.

For me, I am currently exploring the possibility of fixing roof racks + roof box onto my Toyota MPV (Sienta).

I have some questions that I hope can find some answers.

1) For cars without roof rails, how are Thule racks fixed onto the roof? Is any drilling of hole on the roof required? Read that cars with screw-holes on their rain gutter can be use to fix racks. Is this also possible for Toyota cars?

2) Besides Pro-RV, any other shops in Singapore that sells Thule racks?

3) Any problems that can result from installing roofracks? Eg, water leaking into car from the roof.

4) Any issues with height for entering MSCP?

5) How badly is FC affected with the empty box on, and also with just the rack without box?

6) Is the installation permanent, and cannot remove easily if we don't want the racks in future?

7) They have so many boxes, hard and soft type. Which model of box have you tried and which is good? I guess too big not good too small also not good.

8) The picture I found at the bottom is RV-INNO rack nd box. Any place selling this RV-INNO brand in Spore?

Thanks for any contribution.

o10-p01.jpg

02190012-s.jpg

02290005-s1.JPG

Edited by Sgnick
↡ Advertisement

bro, i have 2 sets of Thule racks fitted to my previous rides before. Please see my answers to your queries.

) For cars without roof rails, how are Thule racks fixed onto the roof? Is any drilling of hole on the roof required? Read that cars with screw-holes on their rain gutter can be use to fix racks. Is this also possible for Toyota cars?

They have various fittings that can fit almost any kind of roofs. My previous rides were Nissan Sunny and Mazda 323. There is no need for any drilling.

2) Besides Pro-RV, any other shops in Singapore that sells Thule racks?

Pro-RV is the authorised distributor for Thule. The prices are pretty fixed.. As i cycle, i got mine thru the bicycle shops byut they too also get it from Pro-RV. Esp u r looking for roof boxes, they are the only ones having it in their shop.

3) Any problems that can result from installing roofracks? Eg, water leaking into car from the roof.

Nop. I've used them for 5 yrs liao.. no water leaks

4) Any issues with height for entering MSCP?

Most mscp have a minimum height of 1.9m... the additional height of the rack is additional 20-30cm.. u need to bring your car down and measure to be on the safe side.

5) How badly is FC affected with the empty box on, and also with just the rack without box?

Actually no diff for me. I've tried both ways and both are roughly about the same consumption.

6) Is the installation permanent, and cannot remove easily if we don't want the racks in future?

Can.. its transferable to your next car

7) They have so many boxes, hard and soft type. Which model of box have you tried and which is good? I guess too big not good too small also not good.

For this, you have to go down to the shop and see for yourself as they have various sizes.. all depends on your own needs

8) The picture I found at the bottom is RV-INNO rack nd box. Any place selling this RV-INNO brand in Spore?

IMHO, Thule brand is the best as i believe in paying for quality. My bicycles cost me several thousands and sometimes i transport 2 or 3 of them on my car... can you imagine if you get those cheap racks and somehow damage ur expensive bikes?? or even worse if somehow the bikes get dislodge from the racks and drop off? Do you think its worth to pay more for it?

Derrick

Neutral Newbie

Bro r u manage to get Thule rack.Or may be u already bought it.For new facelift Sienta wat is e model for Thule can be fix.I see many type of thule bar n kits.Which model is for Sienta.

Been searching around online but didn't quite get the information or verification I am seeking.

Can Thule roof box fit cabin size luggage (no matter hard or soft)? I have searched online but almost all showed filling it up with soft bags or backpacks.

If anyone with Thule box has done that, any pictures how it would fit?

Been searching around online but didn't quite get the information or verification I am seeking.

Can Thule roof box fit cabin size luggage (no matter hard or soft)? I have searched online but almost all showed filling it up with soft bags or backpacks.

If anyone with Thule box has done that, any pictures how it would fit?

their roof boxes come in various sizes/series. Best to ask Lam Sing (LS)

also do consider that the items in the roof box will slide around (unless properly secured) and might cause damage to both the roof box and the luggage.