Calling End Users Of Kumho KU31 and Yoko S.Drive

Sickscientist

Hey dudes,

I've come down to the choices of these two tyres to change my fast ageing GSD3..

I need u guys to input on,

- Dry Grip

- Wet Traction

- Steering Response

- Sidewall Stifness

- Wear Rate

I DO NOT NEED ANY BUGGERS TO CONTRIBUTE TO ANY OTHER TYRE BRANDS. PURELY THESE TWO!

↡ Advertisement

Have jus changed to S Drive for about 6 weeks [nod][nod][nod]

S-Drive is made in Japan [nod][nod][nod]

Both Dry & Wet grip is [thumbsup] as to me [:)]

Steering response is sharp though the tyre looks bulky as compared to my previous Dunlop Sports Maxx [gossip][gossip][gossip]

I'm running on 215/45R17 [;)]

S-Drive comes with rim protector which is a plus point against those without [nod][nod][nod]

Wear rate still not very sure cos tyres are rather new at this moment [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Hi,

I might be biased coz I'm on my 2nd set of KU31.

Havent tried other makes yet, and dont think so I will unless price of other makes drop.

Was on 205/55/16 then 215/45/17 ku31.

I'm happy with both dry and wet grip on ku31.

I'm confident to go round a bend(entrance to ECP from Changi) at 70kmh with these tires.

I feel that the sidewall are stiff enough. ku31 also has rim protector.

The wear rate is pretty good, thread wear printed on the tires are 320.

I use the 16s ku31 for more than a year, daily driving and hard cornering... and there were still alot of thread left.

Some 16" Jap makes already cost $138 pcs.

If you can find other makes of 17" UHP tires at $140pcs, then go for it.

Cheers

Orac

Edited by Orac

Hi There!

My ride is a MZ3 and I assume you have the same ride. How much did you get your Yoko S Drive? My tire size is the same and on Thai GY F1.

Chris

Sorry no idea abt price 18s.

But just by looking at prices of 16 and 17 for ku31, 18s shouldnt be more than 200 per piece

[wave][wave][wave]

Bro, our ride are sama sama [grouphug][grouphug][grouphug]

I got my S-Drive as a bundle price together with my 17" Advanti rims hence can't really advise you the price as the cost was about S$ 1500 plus [gossip][gossip][gossip]

Thanks anyway! My guess it should be in the range of $180 to $230 per pc. Out of my range!

Didn't you do trade-in of your rims+tires? $1500 sound steep to me.....

Chris

I just switched from Goodyear RevSpec 2 to Yokohama S.Drive. I haven't felt any significant difference between my previous rubbers and the new ones except the sidewall on S.Drive is stiffer and the overall ride seems quieter now. I can't say much about wear rate obviously but my RevSpec 2 lasted only 30k and it was done in 1 year 3 mths. I hope the S.Drive would last longer.

BTW, mine is 215/45/R17.

Neutral Newbie

Bro, same as the other brudder, i hv also bn looking for KU31 225/45/18 for quite sometime.

Can help to chk whether they hv stock n px? Else just direct me to them, tel and addy. Many thx

Overall, my take on KU31...

It grips better once it is warmed up, even on rainy day. Initially during the first 5 to 10 mins, for FF cars you can try launching, the tires will have wheel spin.

For this price-class

Dry Grip 8/10

Wet Traction 7/10 (I have to comment that, straight line, wet braking is good)

Steering Response 7.5/10 (Alittle soft, but well... more than enough for street and highways . Non-track use)

Sidewall Stiffness 7.5/10 (Related to steering response)

Wear rate 8/10

Comfort 8/10 (It is really quiet, for a UHP tyre)

Verdict: Highly recommended if you do not track, enough for some 'gung-oh' driving. Will get a 2nd pair, if not I will go for Hankook Ventus Sport K104

Edited by Darkblue

Noise level.... seriously I think its very subjective as diff car have diff level of soundproofing.

Personally, I dont find it noisy... acceptable to me.

I changed my 1st set of ku31s not becoz it was worn... i was on the 16s ku31 for >1yr then I upgrade to 17s. Still have lots of thread left after 1 yr with daily driving + up north twice.

Thanks anyway! My guess it should be in the range of $180 to $230 per pc. Out of my range!

Didn't you do trade-in of your rims+tires? $1500 sound steep to me.....

Chris

Bro, me never did trade in for my rims & tyres [;)]

Edited by Mzrmazda3
↡ Advertisement