Rides at River Hong Bao

Qpik

Supercharged

This year 1st time went to check out River Hong Bao after missing it for so many years.

Discovered more by-standers especially around the rides. Found it out the likely reason when I check out the cost of the rides.

1 token = $2.50. Average ride cost 3 tokensshocked.gif A ballon cost $4-$12 jawdrop.gif

No wonder many of my kakis went overseas while I came back to celebrate CNY laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Guess it will be worse as days goes by unless one works in the civil service.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Even the balloons with lighting inside cost $12!

This year is the first time I've been to River Hongbao and it's definitely a big turn-off. It's too crowded, and also it just looked like another pasar malam to me. The fireworks were not that fantastic either.

Supercharged

Yah lor...

Nearly got $12 balloon but ended getting $4 as this is the first time bringing my kids to CNY celebration after missing for so many years....

that kind of place is like a big chopping board la... go to be chop big time... never go since 8-9 years ago... the rain plus the muddy path plus some bo liao cheapo chi-na art work for sale... waste of time... the food there is also available elsewhere and cheaper. crowded with people. kids screaming like see ghost. can't find a reason to go there...

Supercharged

sry ...i tink by now u shd hv yr answers hor...

anyway...due to the overwhelming crowds..i only checked out the fortune god n rides...never see the rest as i tink the place is "sha ren fang huo"

This year 1st time went to check out River Hong Bao after missing it for so many years.

Discovered more by-standers especially around the rides. Found it out the likely reason when I check out the cost of the rides.

1 token = $2.50. Average ride cost 3 tokensshocked.gif A ballon cost $4-$12 jawdrop.gif

No wonder many of my kakis went overseas while I came back to celebrate CNY laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif Guess it will be worse as days goes by unless one works in the civil service.

Aiyah, its just like many of those heartland Pasar Malam. The deco is slightly different only. Waste time and waste money

Edited by Pentium

Muah chee cost $2 there.

[sweatdrop]

It seems more like a revenue generating event rather than a festive one.

But I prefer the outdoor performance of chinese musical instrument @ Esplanade.

The guy playing the chinese flute is good. Brings out the festive mood and both young and old loves it.Not forgetting the drums performance by a well known troupe from china.

↡ Advertisement