Check your brakes lights

Rednawk

Neutral Newbie

Not sure why some drivers never bother to check their brakes lights. Yesterdays a lady driver driving a Hyundai Getz with SFL7**** without any working brakes. Today another Van also no working brakes light working.

It was very dangerous driving without any working break.

↡ Advertisement

my car brake light also not working, this is due to a spoilt brake switch....agent will take a month to ship from german to singapore

thsoe behind my rear....good luck [laugh]

It may not be tailgating.

Yesterday, I was coming to a stop behind a car in a long queue of cars. The cars in front were moving off as the traffic light just turned green. The cars at the back were slowing down, but not stopping. They would speed up once the space opened up.

As I coasted to the car in front with light braking, I was wondering how come I seemed to be approaching it faster than usual. I quickly applied my brakes. It then dawned to me that the car's brake lights weren't working!

Without the brake lights, I thought he was moving off. Like it or not, in the real world, we take cues from other drivers to drive "efficiently".

If I hit a car whose brake lights weren't working, you can be sure I will fight it all the way.

If I hit a car whose brake lights weren't working, you can be sure I will fight it all the way.

I think you will most certainly lose. The fact is you hit the back of another car.

He can claim during the accident you also damage the bulbs plus everything else.

This is the real world, and it's not to take cues from other drivers. They didn't hit anyone, you did.

It's unlikely anyone will come and sympathize with you. Sorry.

my car brake light also not working, this is due to a spoilt brake switch....agent will take a month to ship from german to singapore

thsoe behind my rear....good luck laugh.gif

sweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gifsweatdrop.gif

Dangerous man..

thsoe behind my rear....good luck laugh.gif

If anyone does rear-ended u due to faulty brake light, then u are likely to be held liable for the cause instead and claiming against the other party can be contested.

Like it or not, get it fixed quick.

Neutral Newbie

thsoe behind my rear....good luck [laugh]

I hope you know it is illegal to drive without working brake lights.

I am not sure why think is funny about it, hope your family was not in the back seat when a lorry slam into you.

Edited by Rednawk

i was behind a celica yesterday. all the high spoiler, loud bodykit..but..damaged brake lights!! hahaha. knn left only the small strip of 3rd brake light.

i pray no lorry rear my car until is fixed,.....if any hting happen to my two baby, lorry driver also die!

if not i sure look for u!

tank Q [:p]

Edited by King

if the whole bloody singapore got no stock, what the fark u want me to do?!?!?!?!?!

any way in singapore here, the moment u get rear it is always the rear driver fault!!!

Most of the drivers are not aware that their brake light is not working.

ya, i found out when my brake light keep consistent on even when off engine.

then stockist found out my brake light model not even in their data base, so got to wait..no such model, they have to whole almost half a day then let me know.

should be in by next week.

i dun know about u.

but most of the time, i dun look at the front car brake light, becos by the time u response, it is too late...

i ususally try to see a few car in front , if not, I will not stick so close...

to me , it is quite stupid to depend the ur life on the front car brake light!

if the whole bloody singapore got no stock, what the fark u want me to do?!?!?!?!?!

any way in singapore here, the moment u get rear it is always the rear driver fault!!!

Simple.

If AD workshop claim no stock, get an official letter from them stating what the case. If not, u can contact LTA on this matter.

Remember, brake thingy is a critical component and drivers are held liable to its serviceability, and that includes ensuring best-effort is made.

Your insurance is dependent on this criteria, that is why u only get insured upon passing inspection on certain yr.

And if that basic parameter isn't met, no legal-eagle is going to help u in court when IDAC/TP investigation found this out.

So it is not a straight forward rear-banger gets blamed by-default.

That's why I recommend that your dealer provide some (paper) evidence to protect yourself (legally).

Meantime, drive with caution, keep a clear distance from front vehicle. This help increase time buffer for you and the vehicle following behind.

↡ Advertisement