Recommendation for ATF Cooler brand and Installer

Kelpie

More then many many years ago , my brother drove the Mazda 626. the one driven in A-team by Mr T.

Till now I am still wondering why this car need so many cooler:

1) engine water radiator.

2) ATF cooler

3) 2 x oil coolers

↡ Advertisement

hi bro Sony,

Can you share what you know about this 'turbo nozzle'?

Thanks.

nothing really out of this world, just that the spray was more even and come in a mist form compared to the usual wiper wash that is squirting the washer liquid.

Aiyoh, brudder . . I could not find my manual [:p] Can I use Toyota ATF fluid in my Sunny?

I am not familiar with Sunny cars leh.

Maybe some kind folks driving Sunny can advise you. :D

that's right. Most auto cars today already come with an ATF cooler as part of the radiator. ^_^

Yes. You are right. Most auto cars come with a built in ATF cooler.

Some people went on to install an additional cooler to have "added assurance" which in opinion may not need unless you do long distance hard driving and track your cars like daily affairs.

i just installed my hayden 403 recently. Hmmm.. not sure how good it is also.. for 100plus.. i cannot expect too much.

Before I installed the cooler, my atf oil was still red though.

Anyway, I hear other users say smoother engine running, atf oil seems to last longer.. etc.. I still have to wait and see lor..

But without ATF oil cooler, Im not sure whether it really will become brown. Perhaps. that's an extreme case?

Perhaps some bros here have atf oil gauges can tell me what's the operating temperature you often see?

I usually see at startup, it can be like 30-40 degree celsius, to a temp of 80+ which i usually see while driving on SG roads. that's driving on a normal day without rain.

If I whack to more than 3800 rpm.. average about 4k rpm for like more than 30mins.. it can go up to 95 degree celsius. if really can hold till 45mins.. 1 hr, it can hit slightly more than 100 degrees.

Perhaps i need to find out the operating temp for these atf oils on google. at what temp it starts to change characteristics, or break down etc.. if any bros can know, please share.

Thanks.

In my opinion and from my experience, there is no visible performance from the installation of an ATF cooler.

Regular change of the ATF fluid at the stipulated service intervals would still be required to keep the gearbox in optimal condition.

ya bro.. thats what I think also..

hopefully there's some bro can post here what is the atf oil operating temperature before and after install atf cooler.

other than that.. things like cooling the atf oil, longer oil change intervals like like people saying this EO is better lah.. etc

Neutral Newbie

Yooo, for bro who plan to install an ATF cooler........nvr go to CH Motor as i've juz installed mine there. Installation seems ok so far for days but the bad thing is, after installation on the very day 1 of my fog light not working & oso front bumper not properly fix back.

Sms the boss but no respone....no intention of popping in since no respone as i'm willing to pay someone else to fix my problem. Nvr will patronise or recommend any bros

Yooo, for bro who plan to install an ATF cooler........nvr go to CH Motor as i've juz installed mine there. Installation seems ok so far for days but the bad thing is, after installation on the very day 1 of my fog light not working & oso front bumper not properly fix back.

Sms the boss but no respone....no intention of popping in since no respone as i'm willing to pay someone else to fix my problem. Nvr will patronise or recommend any bros

I think it's fair that you go back to seek a clarification rather than SMS...

Neutral Newbie

Bro Sony,

Well, i've got it fix wif my regular for the bumper liaoz....as for my fog, guess am gonna convert to HID. Anyway, dun wanna associate myself wif vendors like them............

PPl who dun even have the courtesy to reply a sms, wat more to expect even if i pop by............ [cool]

Joseph is not good at sms. Suggest you give him a call.

In my opinion and from my experience, there is no visible performance from the installation of an ATF cooler.

Regular change of the ATF fluid at the stipulated service intervals would still be required to keep the gearbox in optimal condition.

The purpose of an ATF cooler is to make the gearbox last longer. IT doesn't really improve anything. However, it depends on personal driving style. ATF cooler is just like engine oil cooler. If you wack the car hard for prolong periods, an ATF cooler will definitely help. If just normal daily driving, then nothing much. Transmission is not subjected to extreme combustion temp and soot unlike engine, thus ATF last much longer.

AS you said, for normal driving, regular replacement of ATF fluid is sufficient.

IF really want ATF cooler, don't need to go for expensive HKS etc brands, just normal ones will do fine. Hayden is pretty good. For hoses, get metal braided ones if need extra protection, else just reinforced silicone hoses will do.

I suspect 99.9% of people don't really need it. How hard can one drive long distance? Engine at 5K rpm for a straight SIN-KL run??? If you really run like this, then manual transmission car is for you.

In fact normal long distance driving is more cooler and more kind to engine & gearbox versus stop-start traffic. Try driving from one end of Singapore to another for 1 hour versus driving around your neigbourhood to buy kopi/groceries for just 10 mins. Then, touch the bonnet/open the bonnet to feel the VAST difference!

Edited by Kangadrool

Dear bros just to check is 2x ATF cooler reccormanded ?

I'm using 2x ATF cooler in my Auto WRX. Haha, one Hayden, one Permacool. :D

Dear bros just to check is 2x ATF cooler reccormanded ?

In my opinion, one ATF cooler is sufficient.

Neutral Newbie

Bro Yuan,

can provide me the contact for installing the atf cooler?

thanks greatly

cheers

↡ Advertisement