Audi A4

Yaloryalor

To me, the new C looks better than the 3. There're more mods for Merc than what the locals here give credit for...

For the wild Wald look (not really my taste, but does looks a bit Japan GT...)

img_1.jpg

img_3.jpg

I like this - Brabus

7070326.001.Mini2L.jpg

Brabus Bullit

9070910.002.Mini5L.jpg

Supercharged
u mean there will be a price revision tmrw for the merc ?

it's a "special COE bidding/guaranteed package".

(edited)

The Brabus is nicer. The WALD bodykit is damn beng.

The coming A4 is chio.

Edited by Watwheels

I think printing error. It is 139K for the basic model (it is really basic with halogen and all and without the signature LED headlights strip), then there is another one for $10K more I believe you get the S-line kit plus the LED day time running light.

The best of the lot, imo, if money is no issue, should be the 3.2FSI with quattro.

In any Audi cars, especially after Audi Singapore took over the importership, the selling price might be competitive but the margin is HUGE. Just be aware.

In the past, Premium Auto has been able to hold new car prices well, if you have not noticed, the A3 1.8T is going through some lelong phase now, 6 months ago selling at 119K, now going down by 17K with full rebate etc. Even if you don't take the rebate, the discount is also a hefty 10K or so for a entry level car. Imagine those who bought it just 6 months ago.

Audi will continue to do that, launch at high price, with low OMV, and then when car not selling, they can adjust the selling price quickly while they still make very handsome profit.

I mean, you can argue car prices will go up and will come down, but, this has NOT been observed when PA was the importer and the dealer, they do practise good corporate citizenship by insisting to sell new car at about the same selling price throughout. Now different story liao.

I would punch my calculator many times before deciding.

People in the vagsg forum however feel otherwise, a bit atas forum lah. So ...

Alfa 159 better... OMV is 37k, selling below 120k.. [sunny][thumbsup][inlove]

Personally i am waiting for the facelift to come in. The biggest change I am hoping for is that they do away with the not so friendly sillyspeed. If they have dual-clutch transmission like almost many conti brand has, it is going to be a good buy.

Black Sportwagon with red seat please ... [thumbsup]

I think their car prices are competitive. For example, the entry level B8 A4 1.8TFSI at 139K compares well with the 320 or the C180 in terms of price. It has a relatively large cabin and comparable build quality. I shall not comment on look because it is very subjective.

BUT, look at the OMV vs selling price. 320 almost selling at a lost at some point, so, do your sum, you will know what I mean.

Have you test drove 159 already? if you ask me, it is the selespeed that somehow makes Alfa different.. if it is just another DSG, then it is just like another GTI or what not.. Alfa is alfa, making it just like another german car somehow... dilutes its heritage. Just my 2 cents worth..

Actually, since Audi Singapore (or VGS) import their own cars, they can more or less manipulate the OMV to avoid the 100% ARF + 20% CE + 7% GST, ... hence their paper value is low. But how much of that is the actual price of the car? Are they actually making that much profit margin?

Whatever it is, they are not giving value to the customers. only perceived competitive pricing compared to their chief competitor - MB + BMW.

Unfortunately in Singapore buying a car is not only about pricing, but paper value determines the depreciation of a car. Hence, if price-OMV ratio is not good, preceived profit margin by the dealer/manufacturer will be high.

BMW-MB has been in the market long enough to know this and do not manipulate their OMV. In fact, i think BMW adjust their OMV upwards (hence pay more tax/ARF), but maintain their profit margin by pricing their cars accordingly. That's why sometimes when you wonder why BMW is selling at a lost or breakeven (compared to their OMV)... but are they really losing?

like it or not, dual clutch is going to be the future of autobox.

will you consider a manual trans - Germanic?

if not why associate DSG with german?... afterall, GT-R, EVO X all uses dual clutch.

Ferrari and Porsche will be next with dual clutch auto trans.

Have you went for the Audi A4 launching at the Changi Exhibition centre?

I seat in one of the A4 3.2L, the pro driver drove in high speed and sharp corners! [thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

(edited)

Actually I have. Many times and could not be convinced of the selespeed. I had to be apologetic to the sales person because I do not want to live with the transmission on daily basis.

The current 159 uses a lot of parts that are non Italian. For example, the air-con is from Japan. If you ask me, I think it is ok for as long as it improves the usability of the module. We all know Jap air-con is the best in the business, the coldest and in our climate, it is a necessity. Many conti car has weak air-con, many had to turn the fan speed up so much just to keep cool, not to mention makes the cabin very noisy.

If Alfa goes the DSG way, imo, it does not loose its heritage, but just to keep up with the time. Losing heritage would be to gain too much weigh, loose the glorious engine note, loose the handling, loose the unique Alfa design.

For buyer who wants absolute control, the manual is still the best way to go, for lazy driver like me who wants a bit of fun once in a while, a good, fast and reliable DSG box would seal the deal.

Edited by Rm2s

(edited)

Audi Singapore cannot under-declare OMV, its a crime, being a reputable company, they would not do it. Also, they are in this business for long haul, doing such things would cut short their own business once Custom department step in to investigate.

Having said that, the reason why Audi OMV is lower since Audi Singapore (not VGS by the way, that is VW and strangely, in Singapore, VW and Audi importers are different company) took over the importer role is that (now this is my guess) they setup the Singapore office as a subsidiary of their German HQ. Being a subsidiary, they could sell the car to Audi Singapore at transfer price, which is like a inter-company sales, thus, the value would be lower. They cannot make it too low also, this would completely destroy their market.

No commercial car importer can escape the taxes, so, the taxes you mentioned are all applicable in this case. The consumer pay for it anyway, so, why skip that?

It is precisely why our tax structure is exposed which benefited consumer like you and me, it gives us an equitable way to compare gross margin. If one cannot stomach the margin, walk away from the deal. If there are enough people walking away from the deal, the business would have to adjust. Case in point, PI vs AD, especially in the Japanese cars market. Do you think Borneo's RX300 or (350) could have been priced the way it is if there is no Harrier to balance the equation?

Edited by Rm2s

I still dont really get it. I know Audi Singapore strted importing their cars recently. Whereas car manufacturers like MB and BMW have started importing their cars for a while now. While in Europe, car price between Audi, MB and BMW dont differ much, why does the OMV differ so much when the cars reach our shores?

I know OMV takes into account car value + CIF (cargo, insurance and freight), meaning the shipment of the car + insurance.... is it possible that Audi do not include this cost into the OMV calculation?

Anyway, VGS and Audi Singapore used to share the same office at Great World City. not sure if they are still there,...

↡ Advertisement