Paint spraying workshop

Sgspurs

Neutral Newbie

hi i have recently bought a used kia cerato 1.6 and the condition of the car is rather old. have some dents and scratches. thinking of a makeover for the car but rather inexperienced. any bros can give any comments or suggestions to how im able to transform the car into a rather decent looking car without spending much money.

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

some of the things i have thought of doing are

- re spray the whole car to a different colour

- wash / change the interior leather as it looks quite old

- changing the headlight and foglight to white beam

- adding body kit ( heard its expensive so may not do it)

- adding in some accessories like LED lightings & gauges

- add spoiler

quite confused, thought of either giving it a sporty look or a luxury look with a limited budget. any bros able to give some comments and recommandations? thanks!

Midnight Customs (at Northpoint Bizhub) is the worst car spray/wrapping workshop to go to based on my personal experience so be sure to avoid it, and here is why.

To note: Scope of work included spray painting of tyre rims and wrapping of car handles.

They promised to have the car ready by 7pm and we ended up waiting till 11.30pm.

Upon reviewing the work done, Husband saw that the wrapping job done on the car handles was terrible. They offered a touch-up on a separate occasion and my husband agreed to that but shared that he will only pay for the tyres. They said they will have to then remove the wrapper and my husband agreed to that as well. Who would want to retain such poor work?

Staff proceeded to remove the wrapper and by then it was already way past 12 midnight. 

Husband went to check on his handles only to find one of them really loose and he told the staff.

Staff tried to fix the handle but to no avail. Thereafter staff no. 2 (whom i will now refer to as Tiny Wiener) claimed it was originally already loose. How convenient is that?

Tiny Wiener then said the indemnity form my husband signed at the start absolves Midnight Customs from all responsibility should there be any damages to the car. We asked to read the form again and nope, no such luck Lying Tiny Wiener: the form only has a term that absolves Midnight Customs from loss of belongings. 

Lying Tiny Wiener knew he had no way out of this and declared that there was nothing he can do except glue the handle back. Ridiculous.

Anyway, we knew they had no intention to take responsibility for anything at all and since our saturday night was already ruined as it is, we didn’t want to drag it out any further.

We paid $200 and left.

Moral of the story: Midnight Customs might make you wait for 3 hours past the promised time of delivery, do a bad job, spoil a part of your car in the process but god forbid it’s their fault. :) 

↡ Advertisement