S$14,000 in cash, valuables lost in car theft cases

Maersk1

despite numerous warning from the authorites and media and even many cases happened with the recernt 22 cars smashed at MSCP....some driver just don't listen and end up got the lesson learn....damn, car smashed is one thing...but valuables of S$14,000 lost was the most terrible things...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../329617/1/.html

↡ Advertisement

People likes to keep expensive stuff in cars. Treating it like a safe.

But I got the feeling that most of the burgler knows what is in the car and where it is stashed before they strike.

Supercharged

eh what has this got to do with our world class "leaders"?? tongue.gif

if this is the handiwork of FTs maybe but the victims "asked for it" by being complacent.

never locked, put valuables on seat all these are signals to wrong-doer.

you're right bro....that's why i never leave anything valuables things inside my car...

simply don't take things for granted...cos there are really some burgler lurking out there...esp those very isolated MSCP...

SINGAPORE: A man lost a bag containing foreign currencies amounting to S$8,300 as well as S$3,000, which he left in his car last week.

Also in that bag were two mobile phones valued at S$200.

At about 10.30pm last Wednesday, the victim had left his car unlocked along the road to go to a nearby shop on Geylang Lorong 8.

He returned five minutes later to find his bag, which was left on the front passenger seat, missing.

Also on the same day, a man lost a bag containing a laptop valued at S$1,500 as well as laptop accessories worth S$600 in Tampines.

He had parked at the open surface carpark near Blk 513, Tampines Central, and had secured his car before heading to the post office nearby.

But when he got back some ten minutes later, he found that his front passenger window was smashed and his bag was missing.

If you have any information on these cases, please call the police hotline at 1800-255-0000. - CNA/ac

He left his car unlocked and went away for 5 minutes, I only can said he is stupid.

THough I like ur avarta...but i got to disagree wif u bro.

Nothing got to do wif our leaders la...its all about the greed of pple...

never leave anything on the passenger seat, even if it's an empty bag...

sometimes my colleagues lazy want to put their laptop bags in front... will be farked by me and ordered to put in the boot...

i will suan them, ur laptop kena stolen is not my biz, but i have to repair the window [laugh][laugh][:p]

Neutral Newbie

if i ever need to leave some stuffs in my car, they would be in the boot, so that no one can see them.

Just curious if those burglars are interested in baby stuffs like car baby seat and baby pram which aren;t cheap oso.

I used to brive a saloon with my pram left in the boot.

Just changed to a MPV where the stuff is easily visible from outside. Just wondering anyone had experience or frnds who kana car smashed and their baby seat got stolen. This applies for SG and malaysia oso.

despite numerous warning from the authorites and media and even many cases happened with the recernt 22 cars smashed at MSCP....some driver just don't listen and end up got the lesson learn....damn, car smashed is one thing...but valuables of S$14,000 lost was the most terrible things...

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/sin.../329617/1/.html

That's why one should never ever leave valuable items behind in their ride [nod][nod][nod]

true....he has taken for granted !!!

a pain lesson learnt.... [bigcry]

Is SGP so safe till you can put so much cash and left the car unlocked? [jawdrop]

Edited by Ahyoo2002

never leave anything on the passenger seat, even if it's an empty bag...

sometimes my colleagues lazy want to put their laptop bags in front... will be farked by me and ordered to put in the boot...

i will suan them, ur laptop kena stolen is not my biz, but i have to repair the window [laugh][laugh][:p]

Yah, that is what I do, always ensure that even empty bag will be put in the boot.