Mazda 3 having major recalls in Israel

Carlover76

My problem is I do not want to take 70% to 100% loan. I also do not want to stretch my loan from 7 to 10 yrs. They charge you extra when u have the money to pay. WTF? [shakehead]

↡ Advertisement

My family used to own a M323 and was kanna chop carrot by MMrifle.gif so that is why I has no interest to own a Mazda, besides that, their FC is the worst and now with their Si Bei Dao attitude, that even make me don't want to own a Mazda.

Really thinking their car is the best and give that kind of attitude. hur.gif

Bro, I emphatize with you.

Back when I was comparing a Toyota Picnic vs the Mazda 5, I realized that while Borneo Motors only made a approx. gross margin of about $17K (Selling Price - 2.4 x OMV - COE), Mazda Motors made close to $27K on the Mazda 5!!!

Both MPVs were priced quite close, but the Mazda's OMV was very much lower.

I have since then perished all thought of buying a Mazda ... even their MX-5, which I was interested in then, as a second (OPC) car.

No way I was going to 'donate' $27K to their pockets. Such filthy margins belong to the luxury car makes, which Mazda isn't one - in fact, far from it. Most of its parts (except perhaps the main engine block) are OEM-sourced from China (this came from a personal contact, who used to work in MM back then). Yes, China-made parts.

Similarly, I remember when the Mazda 6 was just launched, the calculated gross margin was also >$25K.

At that kind of margins, it just meant that buyers will incur an immediate depreciation of their car on Day#1, the moment they drive their Mazda out of the showroom.

As more Singaporeans wise up, it is of now wonder that MM had to drop price ... by as much as $15-20K for their bread-and-butter models, just to retain their market share - as a desperate defence line (IMHO) against burgeoning sales of Hondas and Mitsubishis in Singapore of late.

That last step had resulted in a double whammy for folks who had bought during the high-margin days, lost out on immediate depreciation and now made worse by the comparatively lower selling prices of new cars that have been drastically reduced.

Anyway you look at it, you're screwed.

Edited by Jolie888

Probably now my preference difference cos I prefer to have a quiet, stable and value for money ride and I have noticed Kia has adopt some of Mazda's features over like the foot pedal etc.[/reply]

For info, Kia was Mz sub-con last time B4 the turmoil tat turn Kia become Hyundai subsidiary and nearly made Mz bankrupt.

Cars like Demio, Festiva were made in KR in the 90s.

Brother, no comments cos I don't like Mazda 3 after I test drive it as it only offer slight improvement over its previous 323, when you are on cruising, M3 is still quite noisy with lots of wind and road noise, probably that is what Japanese cars' characteristic as they do not concentrate more on sound proofing.

Next thing will be the FC of the car as it is not very good, pickup also so so due to heavy weight no doubt it is slightly lighter than Kia Cerato.

So guess it is best to test drive it and see whether it suit your preference. thumbsup.gif

thanks for the advice.

Just thinking of changing cos itchy finger... [laugh]

I guess changing form my current Vios to Mz3, I may not get use to it cos Vios has a good acceleration. [thumbsup] Design wise, I really like Mz3. [thumbsup]

Yes, Vios is light as it only weighs less than 1 tonne while Mazda 3 weighs more than 1.1 tonnes, Mazda 3 has some pros on the high speed as it will be more stable so depend on you.

Brother, if you don't mind value for money Korean car, you should test drive the Kia Cerato Variant 2, with $58K, you can get the premium edition which comes with sunroof, climate control, auto headlight, electro-chromatic rear view mirror. No harm test drive it as it offers same VVTI engine with 122bhp, more powerful than Mazda 3 and tiptronic gear box like Mazda 3.

I would say the pickup is definitely better than Mazda 3 and importantly, it is much more quiet and smooth compared to M3. thumbsup.gif

Edited by Carlover76

Are you driving that?

No offence but I dun really like the exterior design.

For the new Mz6, Is it worth? Cos i heard that Mz always reduce their prices substantially over time. But come to think of it...the old Mz6 is retailing at about $75K? Am I right to say that if the new Mz6 fell to about $80K, I should be able to get at lesser risk of losing so much?

No problem, I am driving Cerato Variant 1, the one before. This design is more luxury look and not sporty look so depend on individual's preference.

So far I still like the quietness of the car, no Japanese cars of the same class can fight. thumbsup.gif

↡ Advertisement