Portable generator

Albert77

the last I seen was at IMM..is not those using petrol..running on rechargeable batt...need to recharge it before using it..I have a customer also using it for camping..

↡ Advertisement

If your power demand is more than 120watt, buy a inverter that is powered directly from the battery and NOT from the cigarette lighter. Any amp demand output more than 10amp will cause overheating and evetually fire.

is a good deal definitely..with all the polishing pads..Just to take note when you are shipping waxes/sealant through Vpost..they have step up security over there and some items are not allow to air freight... I just discard some items over at Vpost USAbigcry.gifrecently

wah haha lucky never buy waxes and sealant from there. Didn't know they are so strict. Luckily bought the Collinite from you and luv it alot. Very nice and slick. Will recommend others to try!

Yes..very strict nowaday...they even have this statement recently..for waxes etc ..they will request for the Material Safety Data Sheet...very troublesome...

Due to recent tighter security measures by airlines and customs, we will NOT be able to process your order if it:

• Contains Prohibited Items such as including perfumes, nail polishes, lithium batteries
  • Is without accompanying Merchant Invoices mandatory for customs clearance

Click here to view our Shop & Ship Guide to help us process your order without delay

Items of which their possession or transmission is prohibited by the laws of the country of origin and destination will not be accepted in the country of destination. These items include but is not limited to explosives, poisons, flammable items, radioactive material, compressed gas, corrosive, firearms and any items which by its nature of packing may expose officers of SingPost to injury or cause damage to other items.

High value items such as precious metals/stones and any item of a like nature which, apart from workmanship has an intrinsic or marketable value.

For Singapore as destination, you will not purchase any of the below list of prohibited items, which may be updated from time to time by the Singapore Customs. Please refer to www.customs.gov.sg for the latest updated list. Please refer to the relevant customs website for other destination countries.

Chewing gum

Chewing tobacco and limitation tobacco products

Cigarette lighters of pistols or revolver shape

Controlled drugs and psychotropic substances

Firecrackers

Obscene articles, publications, video tapes/discs and softwareReproduction of copyright publications, video tapes, video compact discs, laser discs, records or cassettes

Seditious and treasonable materials.

For vPOSTJAPAN service, you will not purchase any of the below list of prohibited items, which may be updated from time to time by the Japanese Government.

Dangerous goods classified by the Japanese local regulation or IATA Dangerous Regulations including any materials with dryice.

Restricted or controlled items by the Japanese Government. (Click here for the latest updated list.) Food Staffs, perishable

Chemical, Drugs, Animal, Plants, Precious Stones and Metal, Cigar and Cigarettes, Guns, Swords, Knives Items restricted by the Washington Treatment, ivory.

Beef Extract

Any items that require temperature control.

Coin and Bills

Other Prohibited items from USA also include flammable or incendiary goods comprising :

- perfumes / colognes / eau de toilette / fragrance spray

- nail polish / nail polish remover

- spray / aerosol cans / compressed gas cylinders

- fuels / gasoline / gas torches

- lighters with fuel / lighter fluid

- turpentine / paint thinner

- lithium batteries / loose batteries

- lithium batteries contained or pack with equipment

- speakers

- alcohol products / beverages

- flammable / toxic contents products

- cellphones

Before you make your purchase on items like PDAs, handphones, laptops, camcorders, cameras etc, please email us at [email protected] for shipping instructions.

Note: This list may be updated from time to time. Please check back whenever you need to place an order, to make sure that your items are not classified as Dangerous Goods.

Edited by Maddriver

Yes homefix should have it..Is a rechargeable batt generator.. some ppl uses it for camping..5 to 6hrs usage should be no problem..do a check first on your PC hp..smile.gif

MD,

mind telling me which home fix branch you saw that rechargeable batt generator? because i called home fix and they mentioned that they do not carry them. also for the rechargeable batt generator, i assume that you will need to charge it via the normal 13A socket and not using petrol before you can use it?

Bro..this is the one I am referring to..... http://www.xantrex.com/web/id/137/p/1/pt/5/product.asp

Neutral Newbie
Hey, I am also interested. Heard that it is possible to buy an inverted to connect to the cigarette lighter socket. Anybody knows where to get this? Guess the best is still to get a external portable generator if it is affordable.

So many in Sim Lim Square. 400W ones, 500W ones, 1,000W etc.

But one potential problem is that when the engine is running, the bonnet is hot, cannot polish. Of course there are ways around this...

Edited by Davc

i just brought a 950 watts portable generator from a hardware shop at eunos industrial,ave 6 blk 1078,name of shop is sin ma hup kee. it runs on petrol mix with 2t oil...u can go take a look,i use it for polishing my car,so far its serving me very well.

Yes homefix should have it..Is a rechargeable batt generator.. some ppl uses it for camping..5 to 6hrs usage should be no problem..do a check first on your PC hp..smile.gif

MD,

mind telling me which home fix branch you saw that rechargeable batt generator? because i called home fix and they mentioned that they do not carry them. also for the rechargeable batt generator, i assume that you will need to charge it via the normal 13A socket and not using petrol before you can use it?

Check with them (IMM homefix) before but they said they do not have [:/] I think they don't know what they are selling, no product knowledge [mad]

how much you paid for the portable generator?mind sharing what is the brand and model you buy? also how long can a full tank of petrol last?

thanks

Edited by Rliewky

Hey, I am also interested. Heard that it is possible to buy an inverted to connect to the cigarette lighter socket. Anybody knows where to get this? Guess the best is still to get a external portable generator if it is affordable.

So many in Sim Lim Square. 400W ones, 500W ones, 1,000W etc.

But one potential problem is that when the engine is running, the bonnet is hot, cannot polish. Of course there are ways around this...

Hi bro, is it in Sim Lim Tower or Sim Lim Square? Any idea how much it cost for the 400w or 500 W model? Any indication?

Thanks

Neutral Newbie

I saw some shops in Sim Lim Square has it. I looked around but I don't need one, and don't have one.

Can't remember exact figure, kind of like about $200 plus minus.

There are a few shops at 3rd-5th floor you look around.

I've never used it, because I have a place with power point. Do you want to check whether anyone has actually used it or check with the shop and let them know how you intend to use it and see what they say?

My machine consumes lots of power, I need a big one and they cost a lot, which doesn't make sense anymore.