Freeze on government fees extended till end of 2008 (look at the last statement)

Tyreboy

Neutral Newbie

Freeze on government fees extended till end of 2008

Posted: 27 February 2008 1612 hrs

Related News

↡ Advertisement

why freeze license fees? i mean why even hv stoopig teebee license? it's so colonial....

why not up the taxpayer's personal rebate, parent rebate, etc. those items has been "so many years since they were last raised"

why have TV license fee when u dun get even a proper telecast of sports & documentary shows...

only sports that has the most live telecast is golf.... probably TV are meant for the rich ppl only....

also radio license.... why car die die must pay..... the bangala worker using the mini-compo no need pay..... those using HP or personal audio devices also no need pay......

Edited by Dynaway

Neutral Newbie

because we need to fund ministers and supergrade civil servants salary and because we lan lan suck thumb...we may be fortunate citizens but we are also unsatisfied, neith poor nor rich whereby the poor get lots of assistance and the rich dun even blink their eyelids when paying these type of taxes.

You have forgotten our garhment is Pay and Pay, what can u say, just pay lor.

I am looking forward the falling of singapore in ?? years time, when garhment is getting more and more greedy, just money.

Whether we suffer now or later, anyway, u are seeing we are suffering slowly.

Neutral Newbie

yah lor...freeze now so that your pocket hole getting smaller but next year they will heat up until pocket expand and explode to a endless hole and you paid x no of times back....

Mr Tharman, who was wrapping up the debate on the Budget Statement, said regulatory charges such as those in the transport sector and the development charges in the property market will not be frozen.

This is because they must continue to serve the purpose of regulating demand.

I guess this would means more ERP charges ahead [shakehead]

Similarly, the freeze has not applied to fees charged by non-government entities such as the universities, restructured hospitals and town councils.

They try to make everything non-government, so that they can raise as and when they like as these will be out of their control [furious]

If I am not wrong, University just increase the school fee for 4% [dizzy]

come to think of it, they already raise wat they wanted. so waiting 1 more year does not matter for them, afterall, they r adept to using it has been a while since xxxx price was raised.

clearly it vindicated my preception, that inflation is artificial and largely caused by MIW. cannot find too much fault with rising price of oil as the sole excuse.

Neutral Newbie

6.4 billion budget surplus and they make not increasing our taxes, fees, etc sound like a show of helping the people...

I thought helping the people meant REDUCING fees/taxes and INCREASING rebates. Not just "freezing".

"Okay la, you so poor thing everything go up but ur salary never go up... Okay la I don't charge you more okay? U can continue playing the current high fees and taxes for another year. Next year then I charge you more okay? Poor thing lah."

I'm so grateful. We should all be grateful.

Edited by Spas

Neutral Newbie

they already upfront raise the price liao to cover the next few years inflation...and now they claimed to help fellow singaporeans and started to freeze...

Maybe. [;)][;)]

Actually, I was 'shocked' that the initial estimate could be so far off..and that the gov have not admitted their short-comings but instead say that people should be happy that they have make extra $$$ (just like nobody will question about lottery winnings) + HK's estimate was worse than ours.

I feel it's a 'serious' issue that the gov should look into. What if the scenario is reversed? Instead of a $6.4billion surplus we got a $0.7billion deficit?

Instead of saying asking 'who you question why you struck a lottery?' or "HK is worse than us'...they should look at how this happen and try to make sure that it don't happen again.

↡ Advertisement