My favorite movie scene

Genie47

It was 1980. Posters of the carrier USS Nimitz were everywhere. Lightning flashes around. It was the Final Countdown.

I bought tickets and went to watch it. Was at good old Odeon cinema.

Then this scene came. The dogfight. F14A Tomcat vs A6M2 Type 0 "Zeke".

All I remember was being awed by the scene. Then when the Sidewinder fired and the Zero was splashed. The whole cinema erupted into cheers and applause! Girlfriends and wives will not understand.

Thank you Hollywood.

↡ Advertisement

wah liao.. such an old show.. when i saw it as a kid, it was like america soft power at the peak. now really jump the shark liao.

my fav? lethal weapon 1 when mel gibson showed his bare ass butt when pissing and drinking beer at the same time. from then on, i knew men could multi task.. lol

Of course the movie is so damn old. Yes, LW1 is still the best of the LW series.

Anyway, the air combat scenes were filmed from a B52.

Now on Youtube, we got PC or console flight sims to simulate historic air combat incidents like tonight's Dogfights. The Gulf of Sidra Incident with F14 vs MiG23 is pretty well done.

OOO MY GODDD!!!!!!

I SAW THIS SHOW WHEN I WAS P2!!!

U FOUND IT!!!! THANKSS!!!!

i wrote some kinda composition on it.

the ship sailed into some vortex thing then brought them back into the past .. hahaha...

one of the most powerful scene I've watched.

Notice the computer HAL showed more emotions than the human. For those who didn't watch, HAL was the onboard Artificial intelligence computer controlling the space craft for mission to Jupiter. Due to a flaw in its logic and mission parameters, it started to kill its crew onboard by switching off life support for its hibernating members and fakes an accident. In the end the last survivor of the spacecraft is attempting to shutdown it.

Heat!

Who can forget this

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 2

one of the most powerful scene I've watched.

Notice the computer HAL showed more emotions than the human. For those who didn't watch, HAL was the onboard Artificial intelligence computer controlling the space craft for mission to Jupiter. Due to a flaw in its logic and mission parameters, it started to kill its crew onboard by switching off life support for its hibernating members and fakes an accident. In the end the last survivor of the spacecraft is attempting to shutdown it.

Heat!

Who can forget this

Directors in top form,

Kubrick is a good story teller and in 2001, used eerie silence to great effect. First VHS I bought, saved up pocket money for the $29.90.

Mann peaked in Heat, characters, action set pieces, music all clicked.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2