My favorite movie scene

Genie47

7 hours ago, Blueray said:

曾经有一段真挚的爱情摆在我眼前,我没有去珍惜,等到失去了才后悔莫及,尘世间最痛苦的事莫过于此,如果上天能给我一个再来一次的机会,我希望能对那个女孩说我爱你,如果非要给这爱加一个期限的话,我希望是一万年。

0.jpg

This is one of the few Chinese/HK movies I'm willing to watch and watch again. It's just one of those classics. It took me a couple of re-watching to really appreciate the show. When I first saw it I thought it's one of the trashy movies. It's actually one of the few shows that has depth although it's a bit ridiculous, a bit fantasy plus a bit of the mythical (journey to the west) story bits in it. I typically hate fantasy movies.

Back then a lot of HK movies were quite trashy. It's either police vs criminals or vice versa, rip-off Hollywood remakes and those very one character focused movies especially Andy Lau movies(sorry, if you are a fan) which I think are no better than Rambo movie series. That's also why I never wanted spend a single cent to go watch any Chinese/HK movies in the cinemas.

• Praise 4

5 hours ago, Lala81 said:

This part was always a bit corny the lines. But yes this is my favorite Chinese movie.

I thought the ending scene which they ended when he possessed the body and kissed zhu yin then after that when he walked away with the rest was dope. 

And when he was trying to save her but the band he donned to help save her was stopping him was super sad. 

yes, couple of scenes were real gems :-

- fake love confession to Athena Zhu

- genuine love confession monologue

- friendship and bond with the 3 thieves

- ending segment where the monkey god sets things right with the 3 guys who died and then with Athena Zhu

- pokes at Wong Kar Wai's style and in particular Ashes of Time (another very solid movie !)

ok lah, gotta overlook the rather cheesy special effects and shoestring budget look.

4 hours ago, Watwheels said:

This is one of the few Chinese/HK movies I'm willing to watch and watch again. It's just one of those classics. It took me a couple of re-watching to really appreciate the show. When I first saw it I thought it's one of the trashy movies. It's actually one of the few shows that has depth although it's a bit ridiculous, a bit fantasy plus a bit of the mythical (journey to the west) story bits in it. I typically hate fantasy movies.

Back then a lot of HK movies were quite trashy. It's either police vs criminals or vice versa, rip-off Hollywood remakes and those very one character focused movies especially Andy Lau movies(sorry, if you are a fan) which I think are no better than Rambo movie series. That's also why I never wanted spend a single cent to go watch any Chinese/HK movies in the cinemas.

I have grown to appreciate Stephen Chow's movies as they usually have good acting, memorable funny scenes and good music.

Justified the story development, editing and sets are not top notch, but the passion in the characters more than makes up for the shortfalls.

The characters typically are "flawed" but do possess a deep sense of what is right and during the course of the movie will gradually head towards doing the "right" thing and we have a nice happy ending. 

For eg, I personally find Kung Fu Hustle over-rated but some of the jokes are really funny and all the scenes with the mute girl are just so touching. Same for King of Comedy, Stephen Chow and Cecilia Cheung had great on-screen chemistry as their love story unfolded.

• Praise 2

While they interlock their fingers...

Watching the re-run in village with my girlfriend ..fingers interlocked as well...😭 

Early 90s!

ghost-patrick-swayze-pottery-scene.jpg

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

On 7/27/2020 at 8:25 AM, Watwheels said:

I’m a fan of Stephen chow’s corny movies. Lol. I got his collection in DVD and I will put one of those in the player every now and then and laugh silly. But now Netflix got a few of those to stream.

his Chinese odyssey  is probably his best even though time travelling movies are usually full of contradiction. Other than this, I like his From Beijing with love and god of cookery with 十八铜人. 😂

• Praise 3

(edited)

Better than the Busan 2.

A re-make of the Hollywood 2019 alive.  

Not bad but sub title really not good.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

9 hours ago, Kopites said:

Better than the Busan 2.

A re-make of the Hollywood 2019 alive.  

Not bad but sub title really not good.

Too late...took down.

Anyway I have watch it after I linked it here. 

Sorry.