1st time waxing and how to maintain shine?

Kelpie

1. Bought a Black car and attempted my 1st waxing session with turtle wax. After today experience, the shine is really amusing but this is probably my last time doing this. The process is just too time consuming, best to leave it to the professional or PPS.

2. Wanted to find out after waxing, how do you gurus maintain the shine? The turtle wax label mentioned that the wax can last 12 months! I seriously doubt so in our tropical climate. Do you just use damp cloth to wipe off the dust and dirt after waxing. Oh ya, the rain is the greatest enemy of black car [sweatdrop].

Thank you very much.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

Thank you very much for the lobang. This is my 1st Black car, it is really not easy to maintain one.

Regards,

Turbocharged

The shine should stay for quite a while assuming you don't kena rain many many times but that smooth feel after application of wax will disappear after you kena about 2x rain [:/]

The shine should stay for quite a while assuming you don't kena rain many many times but that smooth feel after application of wax will disappear after you kena about 2x rain

Aiyo, that is very short lifespan leh, 2X rain only...then better go for PPS liao. Save me time and headache.

Regards,

(edited)

To maintain the paintwork of your black ride in peak condition, it would be the best that you apply wax everytime after your wash your ride [nod][nod][nod]

If too lazy or too siong then maybe can use QD (Quick Detailer) in between [nod][nod][nod]

The smooth feeling of the wax will wear off once you kena heavy shower for 2 times max [:|]

IMHO, PPS is How Siao one ... [lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed][lipsrsealed]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

To maintain the paintwork of your black ride in peak condition, it would be the best that you apply wax everytime after your wash your ride

If too lazy or too siong then maybe can use QD (Quick Detailer) in between

The smooth feeling of the wax will wear off once you kena heavy shower for 2 times max

IMHO, PPS is How Siao one ...

1. I use the turtle wax but I find it messy because some green wax residue bound to stuck at edges which are hard to reach and remove. Is there wax that is colorless or transparent type?

2. IMHO, PPS is not how siao lah, if not BMW and aircraft will not been using it for ages. By the way, what is those clay with color restoration for? can use for minor scratches?

Thanks.

Regards,

FYI, it's the clear coat that is doing a great job on BMW/aircraft,

and not PPS. The clear coat on BMW is super tough that it is 'scratch resistance' (for minor of cause)...

That's why you see a BMW, it's always shining with very very less swirls/scratch... [nod]

As for PPS, some on the market is ok lahh

If your ride is in MSCP, then wax twice/trice a mth is ok. [cool]

BUT if open car park like mine, better sealant/wax every week. [sweatdrop]

Maintaing a Black car is a headache lah...especially rain a few

droplets then [sunny] , all the spots appear [furious] . Been thru that,

but not anymore [laugh]

FYI, it's the clear coat that is doing a great job on BMW/aircraft,

and not PPS. The clear coat on BMW is super tough that it is 'scratch resistance' (for minor of cause)...

That's why you see a BMW, it's always shining with very very less swirls/scratch...

As for PPS, some on the market is ok lahh

When I did PPS for my previous car, it was Amazing Glare that told me BMW used them to do PPS for their cars leh. So which PPS is good, there are quite a few in the market?

Regards,

As at now, i still have not come across a colourless & odourless wax [:)]

I, myself is an Ex-PPS user and to my experience, it's a [thumbsdown][thumbsdown][thumbsdown] thingy [:p] Each opinion differs hence there are also others whom swear by them [nod][nod][nod]

What clay with colour restoration??? [confused][confused][confused]

You mean clay bar? [:)]

I still believe in good old regular grooming

Second that [thumbsup] .

Bro Kelpie, got to work harder leh... dun wait until bad condition

then start polishing, too late by then...

Is there wax that is colorless or transparent type?

Got! It's ICE. Slick feeling. But not lasting. Stop using already.

Bought the thing at shell station.Not sure still selling or not.

Brudder Kelpie, or any other brudders out there

Is the turtle wax container sealed when you first bought it?

I got a can from a petrol kiosk but it was like opened and all mushy and gooey blob of green wax inside. I was afraid it was contaminated so have not use it yet.

Any advice would be much appreciated. [sweatdrop]

↡ Advertisement