Anyone tried using US-Vpost to ship parts from US to Singapore

Tanjm348

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

I'm interested to ship a set of brake discs for my car from US. Like to know whats involved when using US Vpost

Edited by Tanjm348
↡ Advertisement

Register at vpost.

1. Ask the seller to ship the goods to USvpost's address.

2. Email a copy of the invoice to vpost.

3. When goods reach vpost, they will send you a email asking for payment of shippinh cost to Singapore.

4. Pay using credit cards. They will send you the goods within 1 week.

Neutral Newbie

I use Viaddress and have been using them for months now, to purchase goods from Amazon and ebay. They work great, and their prices are very competitive!

they will give you a usa postal address for free and ship them to sg, and also if the merchant doesnt allow intl credit cards, they also will purchase it 4 u without commission and ship it over.

their website is viaddress.com if u want to take a look. they give u a chart for price comparisons with the bigger companies!

if u have citibank credit card u can use globeshopper :

https://www.citibank.com.sg/SGGCB/APPS/port...lobeshopper.htm

similar to VPost but they have concierge service for retailers who accept only US credit cards.

you have to take note that the shipping price is based on either the weight or volume of packaging (whichever is higher). applies to both VPost and globeshopper. std shipping industry practice. there is some kind of formula for volume conversion to equivalent weight. u may think that your item is light but if the packaging is big (eg beach ball), then the shipping price will be higher bec of the volumetric weight.

Do not that vpost do not ship anything with batteries, big or small, it's a straight no.

Bought an aftermarket HU from amazon and was trying to ship it back from US via vpost, ended up not able to as there's a small batt in the remote controller.... :wacko: ended up gotta arrange my own shipper (FedEx) for the shipping.... <_<

Vpost not very reliable. i lost my item once using vpost. aware of this.

Yup...among the other global players, they are wayyyyyyyyyyyyy rock bottom in terms of promptness, reliability and frendliness....

↡ Advertisement