Suan for being FAT by Fitness club

Mivec9

http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A...0304-52605.html

I RECENTLY went to a fitness club for a complimentary tour.

A trainer measured the "thickness" of the fat on my body and said that I was "so fat", while making "tsk tsk" noises.

The manager also said that I was in trouble for being fat.

When I commented that the people at the club were very focused on training and were working out even at night, the manager said that it was because the others, unlike me, know how important health is.

When the tour ended, the manager, seeing that I was not interested in signing up for a membership, told me that he won't be surprised if I died the next day!

I had approached the club hoping to make a difference to my life, but I was totally demoralised after the encounter.

By the way, I have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 24. According to the BMI charts for Asians, I am slightly overweight for my height (a BMI of 19 to 23 is considered normal).

But surely I am not so obese that I would drop dead immediately, am I?

Ms Michelle Jean Yeang

post-15-1204618935_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

Not saying who is right or wrong (though the gym definitely did not put across the message in a professional tactful manner) but BMI is probably not be the only measurement of being fat.

Perhaps the gym may have done a fat % analysis of that person using some machine and the reading could have turned up quite high. I think that reading must be read together with BMI to give a clearer picture. Sometimes the "invisible to the naked eye" hidden fat in our organs can be deadlier than the visible fat.

My wife just did one such test a few weeks ago. Seems like she must work out a little harder now. [laugh] I also want to do it if it is free. [laugh]

i was at a fitness centre wif a fren quite some time ago. now i'm a pretty big size guy wif obvious weight problems. i was walking wif my fren to the counter when one of the trainers came to talk to me. we sat down and he told me about their weight loss program. i couldn't be bothered wif wat he was saying but had to burn some time while waiting for my fren to settle his problem, when suddenly this bloody idiot trainer said direct to my face tat if i didn't join i wud probably drop dead because of my weight. now i noe being overweight is unhealthy and its a very big health risk but u dun come to a person and say direct to his face tat he'll drop dead. its juz not ethical and very rude. i was so pissed off by him tat i juz got up and left while saying loudly THANX ALOT. as i was walking away he tried to chase after me. i ignored him. till today i haf never stepped into a fitness centre ever.

Turbocharged

Those sales people are really CMI. Reminds me of time share companies using hard sales tactics. I pissed off one time share company so much they ushered me to the door just halfway through their presentation. [laugh]

Fit people will think fat people will drop dead, if fat people dun do anything and remain fat, i think they will be fine. Who knows once you start exercise, you could suddenly drop DEAD [laugh]

This is what i observed on some fat people (relative/friends)

actually u are rite bro. this happen back in the army. after first month of exercise and training i actually fell very very ill!! 3 days mc. my sergeants were panicking because i almost fainted.hahaha.

Neutral Newbie
http://www.asiaone.com/Health/News/Story/A...0304-52605.html

I RECENTLY went to a fitness club for a complimentary tour.

A trainer measured the "thickness" of the fat on my body and said that I was "so fat", while making "tsk tsk" noises.

The manager also said that I was in trouble for being fat.

When I commented that the people at the club were very focused on training and were working out even at night, the manager said that it was because the others, unlike me, know how important health is.

When the tour ended, the manager, seeing that I was not interested in signing up for a membership, told me that he won't be surprised if I died the next day!

I had approached the club hoping to make a difference to my life, but I was totally demoralised after the encounter.

By the way, I have a Body Mass Index (BMI) of 24. According to the BMI charts for Asians, I am slightly overweight for my height (a BMI of 19 to 23 is considered normal).

But surely I am not so obese that I would drop dead immediately, am I?

Ms Michelle Jean Yeang

That fitness club must be desperate to have resorted to such unethical scare tactics. Their membership number must be quite low and the trainers' rice-bowl must be in the balance and about to tip over the edge. No one in his/her right mind should join a fitness centre such as this one.........

↡ Advertisement