Hyundai starex

Sam_wong_cm

Yeah Komoco is a joke where this model is concerne

And you know what? Best is some SEs don't even know they have this vehicle. The SE who took me for the test drive is an uncle, who looks like he's been there for ages (so he knew). 

The vehicles are not displayed in the showroom or the open carpark. It's hidden in the basement carpark. Can only go there if wanna view  [laugh]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

And you know what? Best is some SEs don't even know they have this vehicle. The SE who took me for the test drive is an uncle, who looks like he's been there for ages (so he knew).

The vehicles are not displayed in the showroom or the open carpark. It's hidden in the basement carpark. Can only go there if wanna view [laugh]

Seriously...

Anyway I have driven the Starex briefly too... in Cameron Highlands when my dad rented it from KLIA with Hertz... it actually drives quite well, very spacious and accommodating... ours was a three row with the last row as a bench. The boot was still capacious and could accommodate quite a few pieces of luggage... if I am not wrong, there were one full sized luggage, one mid sized, two or three cabin sized luggage and an assortment of backpacks etc...

I have also had a chance to see it in Miri Sabah where it was set up differently... there the car had four rows of seats, right to the rear door with absolutely no space at all for any luggage.

If it was nicely fitted up, I would seriously consider this car...

Seriously...

Anyway I have driven the Starex briefly too... in Cameron Highlands when my dad rented it from KLIA with Hertz... it actually drives quite well, very spacious and accommodating... ours was a three row with the last row as a bench. The boot was still capacious and could accommodate quite a few pieces of luggage... if I am not wrong, there were one full sized luggage, one mid sized, two or three cabin sized luggage and an assortment of backpacks etc...

I have also had a chance to see it in Miri Sabah where it was set up differently... there the car had four rows of seats, right to the rear door with absolutely no space at all for any luggage.

If it was nicely fitted up, I would seriously consider this car...

The one we sat in throughout our Taiwan trip, the 3rd row was a bench. But in Australia, the iMax 3rd row is 60:40 split. The sitting part of the seat cannot be folded down, though. If really need, can chuck some small luggages under the 3rd row seats too.

This is the photo of the luggage space i posted after test-driving last year.

post-17508-0-38466900-1507857036_thumb.jpg

@heartlander might be interested in seeing this. It's almost the same as iMax in Australia - lots of boot space.

Confirmed no problem with any luggage, in the 3-row version  [laugh]

But if it's the mini bus, 4-row version, the last row is touching the rear windscreen, so there is nothing between the seat and the tailgate... safety is already an issue, i'll say. 

• Praise 1

Agree about the safety issue... for the four row...I would buy this in a heartbeat over any so-called MPV... at least the last row has proper seats with proper leg clearance and height... you're not actually sitting on the floor...

On 3/5/2008 at 9:52 AM, Sam_wong_cm said:

reduce diesel tax?

YES ...

or road tax?

Yes ...

regardless, its too van like.

I think is still better looking then some other MPV that is Van looking too.

i prefer the likes of estima etc

Of course if money is not an issue ..

The BEST part is more than enough space for Lagguage and CNG tank.

but it cannot enter msia...that is the shortfall....there are another van to consider..peugeot partner new one..

steering wheel not round..but a little bit rectangular.quite futuristic.