Guilty feeling for not doing much in 20K Km servicing

Jkcs

Neutral Newbie

Dunno why I felt guilty or rather am afraid that my ride will have problems as for my 20K km servicing, (now already close to 26K Km)I merely replaced the EO, EO filter, air filter and spark plugs w/o doing other maintenance checks. For my next servicing, I will do a thorough one..

Am I too paranoid or what? [:p] Pls feel free to give comments.. [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

just EO 12 point check etc sud b ok... u hv rotated ur wheels at every 10K km i supposed? also, 20k km... 1 year already? replace brake fluid. best if possible flush and replace radiator water as well.

Neutral Newbie

shud b ok bah

refer to ur maintenance booklet as a guide for peace of mind

u got chk a/con filter? 15-20K shud be abt time to chg

Neutral Newbie

Bro Singer,

Nope, I didn't do that check.. air con filter must change one meh?

Bro Apollo,

chiam leh, i didn't do any 12 pts check or replace brake fluid (manual say must but I didn't). Any implications on this? As for change radiator water, I have never open that b4 to check the water level as I thought the engine coolant is sufficient.. oops.. [sweatdrop]

I did rotate my wheels and do HSB in the last servicing though.. my ride will be a year old this march 15.

Neutral Newbie

bro,

1. a filter filters all impurities, traps unwanted elements from entering cabin. left unchecked will chock system n reduce air blown into cabin

2. radiator coolant dissipates over time tho not much. chk fortnightly. just take a peep at the reservior

don't worry... when your engine got smoke come out, then you will know your coolant is not sufficient already

(edited)
Bro Singer,

Nope, I didn't do that check.. air con filter must change one meh?

Bro Apollo,

chiam leh, i didn't do any 12 pts check or replace brake fluid (manual say must but I didn't). Any implications on this? As for change radiator water, I have never open that b4 to check the water level as I thought the engine coolant is sufficient.. oops.. [sweatdrop]

I did rotate my wheels and do HSB in the last servicing though.. my ride will be a year old this march 15.

Have to check the water level. Your car is new so unlikely it will drop until jialat jialat and then u see smoke.. [smash][sweatdrop] .. But I make it a habit to check the engine oil dipstick and all the levels every weekend. Top up the water to the coolant myself..... [thumbsup]

Advisable to flush and replace brake fluid on a yearly basis. In my opinion, it makes a difference. [nod]

Edited by Blacklancer224

Neutral Newbie

Thanks to all for your advice.. kam sia

[thumbsup]

Bro Blacklancer,

so I only need to ensure the engine coolant still between the acceptable level? No need to open the radiator to top up water right? pls correct me if me salah.

thanks!

No need. But if u are kiasu and kiasi. [laugh] Then can once a blue moon and red sun, open the radiator cap to look see look see. [wave]

Just dun open the cap while the engine is running or switched on....There is pressure inside while the engine is running or switched on. Hot water might just gush out at your direction.... [sweatdrop]

Dunno why I felt guilty or rather am afraid that my ride will have problems as for my 20K km servicing, (now already close to 26K Km)I merely replaced the EO, EO filter, air filter and spark plugs w/o doing other maintenance checks. For my next servicing, I will do a thorough one..

Am I too paranoid or what? tongue.gif Pls feel free to give comments.. flowerface.gif

yes, you are being too paranoid.

The changes that you've done are standard for 20k km services. Your car manual should have the standard list for checking/changing for each 10k km interval.

Some made need only to do oil change at 15k km interval sly.gifsly.gifsly.gif

Neutral Newbie

haha.. i am a noob when comes to maintenance mah [laugh]

why I post this thread is because in any WS servicing, their package will include X nos of point check e.g check drive belt, aircon belt and engine mounting which I didn't do for my ride during the last servicing.

if they really do all the checks, then i think they have to open 24 hrs liao!!! The volume of cars they have to handle is a lot. not easy for the mechs to be check everything in the checklist.

↡ Advertisement