High rpm during startup

Serametin

Neutral Newbie

usually during starting of engine, my car's idling rpm is about 700. but recently, i found out that it is 1000 rpm. any reason for that?

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

It's normal. Nowadays most cars have auto warm-up while starting the car with a cold engine. This is so that the engine can reach the optimum operating temperature. Once it reached the operating temperature, the rpm will drop to normal idling. So no worries, unless it remains high thru-out the entire journey.

sorry to dig this thread

but this morning when i use remote start to start the car from my home. then sent my daughter to her school which is just directly under my block.

after that when to proceed to the multi storey carpark to get my car.

as i nearing the carpark, i heard a loud engine sound. to my surprise it was my car. i open the door and check that the rpm is at 6k. i quickly swicth off the engine. open the engine bay and my extractor was glowing red!

i switch on the engine this time round the rpm is at 3k, switch on the aircon it drop to 2k. so drive slowly down. about 4 to 5 traffic light later, the rpm stabilise as normal at 0.8k.

so anyone of you knew what is the probable cause as i do not wish to go to workshop and being chop.

btw driving kia cerato fro 4.5 years and milage is 130k. so far it occur 5 times ever since collect the car from day 1. twice when the car still under warranty and inform the agent who claim nothing is wrong.

thanks.

btw way, it is not only when cold start give me this problem. even when the car is restart after long journey it will give this problem too.

Maybe your ECU need to be reprogrammed/reflashed or the remote start system could be the root of the problem.

hi bro thanks for the reply.

i suspect my alarm got short as my rear right signal light not working. went to replace the bulb but when the mechanic help me to install he found out that my remote start might have problem that cause no supply to the signal light.

but for the high rpm, how does remote start be the root of the problem? cause it even i start manually, it still give me high rpm?

hi bro thanks for the reply.

i suspect my alarm got short as my rear right signal light not working. went to replace the bulb but when the mechanic help me to install he found out that my remote start might have problem that cause no supply to the signal light.

but for the high rpm, how does remote start be the root of the problem? cause it even i start manually, it still give me high rpm?

U need to be careful with alarm with remote start function - wrong wiring could lead to several damages. I suggest to re-check on the wiring or go to a qualified wire man to re-wire the alarm.

sound like Vacuum leaks. please Check all hoses and intake bolts. it maybe leaking EGR or plugged PCV valve. Air filter plugged. Leaking head gasket. Worn timing chain. Camshaft lobes worn. Valves burned or leaking. Fuel idle control system or sensor.Suggest you send to workshop for checking.

↡ Advertisement