Any problem with Swift for the 1st three years or 60000 km?

Stevegring

Neutral Newbie

To those who have been driving the new Suzuki Swift for a while, perhaps this could be the thread for any update or complaint or any component or mechanical failure. This is so that we can determine how reliable has Swift been.

Personally, I have voided my warranty by sending my car to other workshop for servicing instead of going down to the Authorised workshop, which charges higher price and also takes longer waiting time.

Any component failure so far, folks? grouphug.gif

↡ Advertisement

think of AD servicing as a sort of insurance.

personally, i rather not buy this "insurance" [flowerface]. most likely i will save overall. if got minor issues then pay to get it fixed rather than putting up with long wait and spending more and maybe cannot use own parts/oil. [shakehead]

Neutral Newbie

Ya. Totally agree with you. Swift seems to be pretty reliable. The AD's workshop caused me to wait for more than 2hrs before, just for the 1K servicing. [:|]

then u must be prepared to face some consequences.

i mean its perfectly fine to service outside workshops, u save some u lose some

its just tat are u prepared to lose that "some"

it's heng suay [:/]

by right aircon isn't even touched during servicing, so they shd not void warranty. if service outside, never tighten oil filter and engine piang then it's not dealer's liability la.

champion motors void warranty. SGY car plate.

repair air con unit super ex

==========================

Where did ur friend go? [;)] Did he visit Markcool?

my SGV Swift is still running only 13K total.

[:)]

My only complain is the dashboard sound sometimes.

I can't seem to detect where the sound's coming from...

But otherwise, ok.

Turbocharged

2yrs 35km mileage liao, 1.5 AT

only complains:

- Occasional rattle at doors after 30k.

- Fog light cannot switch on, suspect wiring loose, CM fixed it FOC

- once I press remote to unlock and kan cheong passenger pull door handle at the same time. Passenger door stuck! CM fixed it FOC. (this one can be avoided)

Other than that, so far so good. [nod]

Edited by Pocus

Well, this happen to me...

On the day I got my car, I drove it to my friend's workshop to fix a/f, volt & rpm gauges, blue nite lightning + other stuff - in short, my car's electronics were "tampered" with.

After fixing, I drove out of the workshop & within 5 min, the airbag light was lighted up. Drove back to the workshop, my friend shrugged & couldn't fix it [sweatdrop]

Drove my car back to Pandan Gardens the next morning; the mechanics there were nice enuff to troubleshoot the airbag indicator w/o charging me anything - very nice, considering that morning, the entire place was close for an event & the staff were busily preping for it. Plus they know that my car's been "tampered" [:p]

As for my current status (mine is a 1.5 A), well, so far ~4900 km for about 4 months - no problem@all, except for faint rattle@the right tweeter - but the rattle is gone...

To those who have been driving the new Suzuki Swift for a while, perhaps this could be the thread for any update or complaint or any component or mechanical failure. This is so that we can determine how reliable has Swift been.

Personally, I have voided my warranty by sending my car to other workshop for servicing instead of going down to the Authorised workshop, which charges higher price and also takes longer waiting time.

Any component failure so far, folks? [grouphug]

My Swift 1.3XG 20k, 10 months old. Went back to SC once to rectify problem due to handbrake light on when accelerating from stop. Mechanic said is due to a loose wiring connection. Done FOC.

I do have other complaints (ownership related):

- OEM remote frequency not very good

- Car not enough power esp. when carrying passengers

- When carrying passengers, tyre will hit tyre well when driving past bumps at expressways or big humps (car using BC coilover)

Neutral Newbie

As for me, I notice that I cannot engage my reverse gear properly. I guess the gear is still new, which is why its like that.

My car is 1.3XG, driven for near to 7 mths and clocking 13K now. Seems quite a good car to me. [flowerface]