Delay in Cashback

Edenboy

Neutral Newbie

Any bros bought car from the smaller PIs and had a delay in their cashback?????

or even not received at all?

Please mention what was the course of action taken..

↡ Advertisement

Well, the practice is not uncommon with some ill-reputed PIs. Today they open as ABC Supercar at Lor 300 Gayland, DID: 61234567. Tmr, they become EFG Supercar and still at Lor 300 Gayland, DID: 61234567 with same staff and so on.

The diff. is that ABC have wound up so there goes your warranty and cashback. You can't go after EFG unless you can prove tt fraud is involved. Otherwise, you can join in the queue up like other creditors and hope for the best [nod]

Neutral Newbie

I understand from a lawyer :

Company A taking cashback from Bank B meant to be paid to Individual C.

Company A fails to pay to Individual C constitutes CBT (criminal Breach of Trust)

In such a case, when Individual C sues Company A, it will sue Company A directors.

Bank already paid to dealer liao.....

already few months liao

How much is the cashback worth?

If alot, can threaten to issue a writ to them if they don't pay up.

13K is helluva amount of $! Wat r u waiting for? Get a lawyer to issue a writ of summons to them!

Go down and give them a written warning that if they do not pay up within 48 hours, you'll take that action.

Okay...lets not go into the technicalities of the law yet [dizzy] Besides, I'm only a lowly ar-lu-cated chicken farmer so the slightest mention of law makes me [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Take each step at a time. For now, your urgent duty is to chase them like an Ah Long [nod]

Neutral Newbie

The problem is that in Singapore, Company and Individual are separate entity because Gahmen protect them. Bring to police they will say not their problem, refer CPIB. send writ they can close company. consumers are unprotected. Case will keep dragging on...

I have given them till mid march to settle case.... my lawyer advise the following

1. send letter of demand ( about 150)

2. writ of demand (about 1000, chargeable to opposing party)

after that legal proceedings....

hope all bros will be careful next time....

Right now it seems quite clear the PI do not have the intention to pay you the $. There are only 2 possible reasons that I can think of that they are doing this:

1. Financial difficulties & anytime going to close down.

2. They want to use your money to bank roll themselves as long as possible.

If I were you, I'd issue a writ of demand from my lawyer straightaway.

↡ Advertisement