SIA long distance flight

Moonyue

Neutral Newbie

Mistake for SIA to opt for all-business flights

I READ with dismay that Singapore Airlines is converting its daily direct flights to Los Angeles and New York to all-business class flights. It is eliminating the popular 'executive economy' section of these direct flights.

I read in The Business Times that with the conversion of these flights to full business class, economy-class travellers will have to take the Singapore-Frankfurt-New York route, or fly to LA via either Tokyo or Taipei on its B747-400 planes.

I hope SIA management does not agree with the writer of the BT article.

Economy-class travellers could just as easily turn to other airlines. I started to fly with SIA because of those flights. I happily paid a premium because of both the executive economy class and the direct flight.

I, for one, won't pay more than what other decent carriers charge if both those options are not available from SIA. It may still be the best business decision for SIA, but it should not make the erroneous assumption that it will retain all its customers.

Michael S. Smith

------------------------------

This appeared in the forum last week. Anybody here was affected by this move?

Most of those whom I know take the executive economy seats are students. The difference between a business class seat and a economy class seat is almost $9000! SIA can earn quite a lot from this move.

↡ Advertisement

It depends actually.

For most ppl, I do understand direct flights are quite "hard".

18hrs + on the plane is no joke.

See of it as 2 ways.

1) Avoid economy class syndrome

2) more comfort of long-hauls

Well, not a lot of ppl will agree anywayzzz so...

wah ha ha... Kapt, you are in almost every forum ke ke ke... why you stalk me all the way to SQtalk?

There's one more forum call ninervictor.com. This one is where all the "real" SQ and CAAS people are.

But back to the topic...

If I'm the CEO I would do the same. If Business class is enough to fill your aircraft then why bother with Y class???? This way you got less people to worry about and care for but the profit margin is much higher! thumbsup.gif

Hack! If First class can fill your aircraft then why even bother with business class?? laugh.gif