Aero Wipers chattering ( shuddering )

Conned

Should occurrence are due to uneven pressure on the wiper, wax or rain x on the windscreen. Have a look at the wiper curve vis a vis your windscreen and put some rubber oil on the wiper will help.

Done that.clean blade,clean windscreen, had never waxed or apply those rain-x repellent thing, even check blade alignment..still shudders in heavy TSRA.

Will look for replacement aftermarket. Any idea who sells Rain-X Latitude wipers here?

Thanks anyway.

You are most welcome. Hope that it is not the wiper assembly that is bend. Mine was, and was replaced during warranty.

Edited by Fortress

(edited)

Had e car for 3 yrs..this is first occurence.

Im toying wz the idea of adjusting the arm alignment n tension. perhaps a loosening of spring tension. so difficult to find a aftermarket wiper wz the PIN connection.

THanks again.

Cheers

Edited by Conned

I've been using twister for coming to more than a year, and it has been juttering ever since the 1st month of installation. Can't really be bothered with it.

I could make a fuss with the twister distributor and he would replace it for me, but i just didn't find time for it.

Beano

thanks for feedback.

I think u shud get ur wiper replaced..its not just about not havng time or not bothered wz the problem. frquent juttering can caused bigger more expensive problem to ur wiper motor assembly in the long run.

Hope u don't have same mentality with doctors n medication. ha ha.

Cheers

My aero ones started juttering like crazy... never applied any rainX stuff... seldom wash car lol... cleaned the blade several times... sama sama...

Solution?

Bought myself a new pair from Xinzhong 2 weeks ago [laugh][laugh][laugh]

(edited)

Thank U LS, and all who replied. Apprec your time.

A friend just passed me a pair of RainX Latitude wipers to try.Will advise how it fares.

Sky seem to clear up these few days. Better. Don;t like the low pressure system prior to rain.

Mind Pm me how much XZ charge u the Aero? Agent is $129.

Let us know how ur new Aero perform after 2 weeks. Most of them tend to chatter,judder, shake..haha..Passat guys also have same problem wz stock Aeros.

I'm used to word "Chatter" as that 's how we describe O2 mask " Chatter" during Inhaling. def No no!

Edited by Conned

pardon me for asking. what's this aero blade ? Significantly better than stock ones ? My wiper is not sweeping cleanly nowadays .....pirate.gif

My feel is the stock is cheaper and it makes sense to change a couple of them then to buy one that cost 3 with warranty.

I have a Twister, compliments from Moeykf. thumbsup.gif

(edited)

HI

THe AERO wipers is the STOCK wipers that came with my car.THe first pair was ok for 3 yrs before the rubber shows signs of cracks n dryness but it didnt shudder.

I replaced them wz Stock wipers & those shudder w/in 3 months.

I clean the windscreen & wiper wz zaino cleaner n so far so good.

Lets see how it will perform in the TSRA later.Weather building now.

Fotress is right, if stock is cheaper, I wud replace wz stocks item but this stock Aero Wiper from Skoda is not cheap. so far me is the other way round.

Hope it helps

Edited by Conned

My stock wiper is not Aero but the previous generation Audi ones according to Xinzhong, I changed mine after 1.5 years, it was not shuddering but the wiping was not wiping properly in heavy rain and windscreen always appeared smudgy with water.

After the change it is ok, but expect it to konk out in 1.5 years again. Anyways for a pair was $35. [:/]

$35? Dont fret..mine was $129 at agent.Stock!

its intermittenly ok now after zaino conditioner but wil shudder in drizzle but in heavy rain, it works fine.

Thanks for sharing.

Get back your stock aeros I'd say... they clean better than non-aeros imo [:)]

Alternatively, you can source for borsch aeros, cost wise, you can let me know [:p]

↡ Advertisement